KABANATA 60

This is the last chapter and next is wakas.

-----------------

Draco Torres

"Boss, di ba iyon 'yong babae sa cellphone mo?"

I knotted my brows with the girl Didoy pointed out. And I don't know why I stop on my track and observe her quietly. She is indeed the girl I have been searching. I got hooked on how her lips parted and quivered. I guess they will be tasteful with mine.

I smirked at the thought and turned my gaze to the small child who resembled myself when I was younger.

My daughter.

I wanted to use that time to run towards her and get her back home to Guimaras, but then, my attention got glued to the woman who took care of her. I am not that heartless to just run away with my daughter.

I have been receiving pictures of her and helping her to make life easier, and maybe that is working since she doesn't look stressed. She is somehow still looking fresh.

"Uhm. M-magkano ang isang kilo?"

Damn that voice! It seems like it's been making me wanna sleep in her arms.

I didn't know that I had been looking at her intently and almost forgot her question, so I said what initially came to my mind.

"Isang daan na lang," I tried to make my voice strong so she wouldn't notice how she lured me a little.

"Uy bos- Drake. Hindi ka ba lugi do'n?" Didoy said, but I ignored him.

For my daughter, and for this woman, there's no called expensive.

"Sige. Mareng, ibigay mo na ang plastic," she commanded Mareng.

"This, Mimi?" My daughter even lifted the plastic.

And I guess from there, she nurtured Mareng rightly. She took care of her, probably in the best way.

"Yes. Akin na. Bayaran natin."

I kept staring at her, noticing how her hand shook when she gave me the plastic. And I didn't even bother to weigh the mangoes.

"Pare! Padagdag pa ng isa. Perfect score ako kanina, baka naman."

Pare? My daughter called me as if she were someone at my age, and I don't know why, but that made me melt and smile inside. And maybe that endearment will start my bond with her.

Verona, If I am not mistaken, declined a lot of times, and I found that interesting. I found it funny how she scolded Mareng, trying to teach her a lesson. My heart even jumped in happiness when my daughter said "sorry" afterwards.

I conclude that Mara chose the right person for Mareng. Though I am thankful she didn't abandon Mareng, I still feel sorry for her having to sacrifice a lot of things. And she won't go unpaid; I made sure she got every penny she lost.
School. Work. Food.

That day, I decided to follow them and rent the small house next to them. I even gave them mangoes to start the connection I am trying to make to get my daughter. But I was in awe when she faced me without wearing any brassiere, and damn! My insides were shaken. I don't know how to focus my eyes on her face when all along they want to look down at her chest.

She even wanted to decline the rice cooker I gave her. Worse, she doesn't want to accept the refrigerator.

"Bakit? Saan mo ba binili 'yan?"

I was caught off guard and didn't expect her to ask that.

"Don't tell me, ninakaw mo? Mukhang bago pa at hindi pa nagagamit."