Chapter 12

Clint

I've been holding Karmen and Harper for over six months. They ain't dead yet, but I know they wish they were. I don't care though. They tortured my sister and that shit don't sit right with me.

I stopped by the trap to see them today. I felt generous enough to give them food and water today. They lucky my wife just had our baby, and I was feeling good. I went to my office to count my money. Everything was looking good so far. All of a sudden my phone started ringing.

"Yeah, talk your talk," I answered not even looking at the number.

"Have you seen your sister?" A nigga's voice spoke.

"Who the fuck is this?"

"My name Big T. I work with Psalmist at the club. I ain't seen her in five days?"

"Bet that up. I'm finna go looking for her."

"Saint said he hasn't seen her either. So don't even call him."

"What the fuck he mean he ain't seen her. She lives with him."

"Not anymore, apparently. He put her out."

"I'ma kill that nigga," I said to dude. "Thanks, man. I'm finna go looking for my sister."

"Let me know when you find her."

"Ight, bet."

I hung up with him and called Simuel. He was my tracker. He could find anybody he wanted to.

"Yo, Tracker, I need you to find my sister. They haven't see seen her in five days. That nigga Saint put her out on the streets."

"Ight, bet. Let me look around. I'll call you when I have something."

I didn't even say bye. I just hung up. Where are you, Psalmist? I thought to myself. She's been hurt so much. She doesn't need this. I couldn't even concentrate. I left the food with the guards and went home. Right now Shelby was still in the hospital. I'ma calm down before I go see them.

 I'ma calm down before I go see them

Psalmist

I had no idea where I was. After I jumped outta the car, I just started walking. I'm sore as hell. I'm sure I've lost a lot of blood. I had a deep gash on both my knees and elbows. I tried to protect my face and head at all cost.

I was laying in an alley somewhere. I knew that because I kept peeking through my swollen eyes. How could Damien do me that way? He didn't care that I was hurting. Then to dismiss me like I was nothing. He hurt me to the core.

I just simply prayed that someone will find me before I died. I'm not sure how long I been out here.

*TEN DAYS LATER*

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I could hear the sound of machines beeping around me. I opened my eyes as far as I could. The bright lights were blinding. I heard the door creak open.