POEM 7: IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG...

It didn't take long...
It didn't take long to gaze at me on the side of the road with so much hate in your eyes.
It didn't take long....
It didn't take long for you to forget about my existence in just less than a month.
And now we're stuck in this game of who can careless more.
It didn't take long...
It didn't take long for us to fight over things that are way over our heads.
Lost in anger, lost in pride, lost in us.
Didn't even last two months...what a connection we had.

It didn't take long...

It didn't take me long to have mental breakdowns cause of things that I said to you that I didn't mean.
I'm sorry I'm so mean I grew up with a shield that doesn't allow me to be wrong or keep my mouth shut in any situation.
Instead, I will say things to hurt your feelings just to make mine feel better.
This tongue is a knife & it's words run deep.
But it didn't really matter cause your blood tasted like southern honey.
It didn't take long...
It didn't take long for us to pretend like I didn't crawl into your mouth & like you didn't crawl into mine.
Lips so soft so tender that I could feel everything you were feeling once I was in your mouth.
It didn't take long...
It didn't take long for me to act like your touch wasn't embedded into me.
As though I wouldn't stay out late for you.
Just because your body needed a certain feel that I could only provide to you because no one has ever touched you like I have.
It didn't take long...
It didn't take you too long to forget all your promises.
It didn't take me too long to break things out of anger and call out your name because I was angry at you for not trying and for not giving a damn.
It didn't take long...
It didn't take you too long to forget that you love me & all I can do is watch you slip through my fingers as you leave & linger.

It took time...
It took time for me to learn how to live without you.
It took time for me to learn how not love you.
But I know it didn't take you too long.
I hope it takes you time to find what you're looking for cause no one deserves what you gave me.