Tiago

The family kept walking along the sidewalk of Duval Street.

Gabi suddenly stopped in front of a music shop.

"Oh, Mom! We gotta stop here! I love this shop!"

Rosa chuckled, "Alright. But this is the last stop. After this, we gotta continue those errands."

Gabi said, "Vivo, you're gonna love this shop! It's so cool!"

Vivo replied, "Alright, anything with the word 'music' is fine with me."

They went inside.

The owner, a man who clearly screamed 'reggaeton', saw them.

"Hey, yo, Gabs! How's my favorite customer?"

Gabi replied, "Cool as always, Lucas!"

Lucas then saw Vivo, "Hey, is that your kinkajou compadre?"

"Vivo? Yeah, and he loves music as much as I do. I just had to show him the shop."

Vivo said, "Yeah, and I like the looks of the place so far."

The shop was filled with instruments, audio equipment, records, and so much music-related merchandise.

Lucas said, "Hey, it's cool not being the only one with a musical amigo. Right, Tiago?"

With that, a bright purple and blue bird flew on his shoulder.

This bird was known as a banded cotinga.

Gabi said, "Hi, Tiago!"

Tiago tweeted back at her.

When he saw Vivo, he excitedly flew around his head.

Rosa said, "It looks like Vivo made another new friend."

Vivo did like this bird, but felt it was a little early to call him a friend.

Lucas then said, "Hey, T, why don't you show the kink around the place?"

Tiago chirped in agreement and gestured Vivo to follow.

Vivo did so and followed him to another part of the store.

Tiago said, "Hey, yo, kinkajou! What up?"

Vivo said, "Uh, not much. What's up with you?"

Tiago laughed, "Oh, y'know, just serving you a fresh plate of hos-pi-talit-é pos-i-tivit-é!"

"Well, I'm certainly positive you're being hospitable."

Tiago laughed again, "I like you! And hey, I hear you like music, yeah?"

"Oh, yeah. Music is my passion."

"That's cool! 'Cause that's my favorite way to greet newcomers! With a song!"

With that, he flew over to a DJ set on display and started some hip-hop music.

***

🎵Leggo!

Uh!

Tiago Benítez

Come on!

Yeah!

I might be tiny

But, yo, I shine bright

Glittery diamonds

I be the highlight

Of any party, any time

Or place that I go, okay

Brighter than the sun

More shiny than gold

I got the body

Lights up the party

Fly like a firefly

Like my pally

No need

To rock gems or jewelry

'Cause I drip with bling

And, baby, that's all me

A diamond shinin'

In the light

So tiny

But glitterin' so bright

Tiago Benítez🎵

***

Vivo was a little in awe.

For a small bird, Tiago had some skills.

Tiago then said, "Oh, hey! So I heard you're from Cuba!"

Vivo responded, "Yep. Up until a couple weeks ago, I've lived my whole life in Havana, Cuba."

"Then spill it! What was it like in one of the most musically rich countries in the world?"

Vivo started to think about how he started learning everything there was about music the moment Andrés found him and took him home.

"Well, like I said, music is my passion. And growing up in Cuba did a number on that."

"Yo, man, I would think so. Cuban music is, like, crazy popular in every part of the globe!"

"Another reason why I love my home country's music."

"You're so lucky to have lived in Cuba! I mean, I've always fantasized spending even just one day in a country like yours!"

Vivo thought about how he'd actually like to spend one more day in Havana himself.

Tiago then said, "So, I heard you do shows in the Plaza. Is that right?"

Vivo responded, "Yeah, it's...actually something I did for a living when I lived in Havana. Here, me and Gabi just do it for fun."

Tiago then said, "Well, from what I heard, you and your gal got some skills!"

"Yeah, that has been said."

"Well, little known fact; Being the best songbird in town, I also happen to know all the best music hot spots in Key West! In case you ever want to have a night of nothing but the sickest music to date, y'all just let me know and soon enough, you'll be raving 'till dawn!"

"I'll...certainly keep that in mind. Thanks."

"Ayo, no problem-o!"

Just then, they heard Gabi calling for Vivo.

Vivo said, "Well, I guess I better be going. Thanks for the intro song."

"Hey, yo, anything for a new amigo!"

Vivo suddenly stopped, "Amigo? Wait, we just-"

Gabi picked him up before he could finish.

"Come on, Vivo. Mom said we gotta get back to our errands. Say goodbye to Tiago."

Vivo chittered as he waved goodbye politely.

Tiago tweeted happily and did the same.

The two then left the shop with Rosa.