Familiar Feathers

Not too much later, the pets heard the singing was just a few feet away.

Vivo went up ahead to get a better look.

And he was right.

He saw two familiar faces.

Two good friends he met in the Everglades.

Two friends who were also two lovers.

In fact, they set a true example for the term 'lovebirds'.

Dancarino and Valentina.

***

🎵You make me feel

Like there's no

Other people on this Earth

My love is real

You should know

I can feel my woman's strength

And every time that we lock eyes

The whole world seems to melt away

And all that's left is you and me

Together in this magic place

You're the only one I can think about

I can't live without

My one and only

Every heartbeat longs for your sweet embrace

You're my everything

My one and only love

And every time that we lock eyes

The whole world seems to melt away

And all that's left is you and me

Together in this magic place

You're the only one I can think about

I can't live without

My one and only

Every heartbeat longs for your sweet embrace

You're my everything

My one and only love🎵

***

The two spoonbills were now neck and neck.

Just then, they caught a small glimpse of a familiar face.

"Vivo!"

In the blink of an eye, Vivo was quickly swooped up and caught in a tight hug.

Vivo said with slight struggle, "Nice to see you both, too."

When they finally let Vivo loose, Valentina said, "Oh, my gosh! We hoped to see you again soon, but we didn't think it would be the first night we moved in!"

Vivo asked, "You both just moved here?"

Dancarino answered, "Yep! We were happy in the Everglades, but then we decided to make a change of pace! We decided to find a new home!"

Valentina continued, "And so, my sweetie-kins and I just kept thinking about where we should set up shop! Then, we saw a honeybee collecting nectar from a purple water lily!"

Vivo chuckled, "Let me guess; The honey bee made you think of honey bear and the purple water lily reminded you of Gabi's hair?"

Dancarino rubbed the kinkajou's head, "Correct-amundo, Vivo! We thought about that fun show we did that one time and we thought, 'Hey! Why not live closer to a good friend of ours? Especially when this good friend is the same friend who made our romance possible'!"

Valentina finished, "So we travelled from there to here and...here we are!"

Both then laughed.

Vivo said, "Glad to know you both decided to move in."

Just then, Roxie coughed a little loudly.

"So, uh, are we gonna get an intro sometime tonight or...?"

Vivo realized, "Oh, uh, sorry. These are my friends, Dancarino and Valentina. This is Charlotte Russe, Tiago, Roxie, and Novella."

Valentina practically squealed, "Aw! You made friends!"

Vivo nervously smiled.

Still unsure about the 'friends' title.

But, Vivo was a little happy to see his two feathered friends were getting along rather well with his...new 'friends'.

Then he realized, "Oh, hey! This is actually great timing! We need some help."

That was when Vivo explained the whole thing with the trolley breaking down and needing to get back to Gabi as soon as possible.

Dancarino immediately said, "Hey, no worries! For a friend in need, flights are on the house!"

Roxie immediately said, "We're gonna fly? Awesome! I've always wanted to fly!"

Valentina said to her, "Well, wish granted! Time to board Roseatte Airlines!"

Vivo got on Dancarino and the girls got on Valentina.

As they did, Dancarino played pilot.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please keep your paws and tails on your spoonbill at all times."

Tiago was already a bird, so...

Not much later, the two spoonbills took off with four  passengers and a fellow flyer.

Vivo knew he would be home soon now.

***

Gabi and the girls stopped at every trolley stop they came to and asked if anyone if they saw the pets.

At least one or two would answer that they saw them on the trolley when it moved on.

Eventually, the girls had finally made it to the hotel where the trolley broke down.

They were told that the trolley broke down once they got there.

But they didn't see the pets still on the trolley.

Someone then told them he saw them leave the same direction they came.

Becky said, "Ok, they must be trying to find their way back."

Sarah said, "But if they went back the same way, we would've seen them on our way here."

Gabi knew it could only mean one thing.

"Vivo must be lost!"

And it was way too late at night to keep searching.

Their parents would kill them if they stayed out any longer.

However, Eva said, "Actually, I live not too far from here. Maybe you could sleep over and continue looking in the morning?"

Gabi said, "Ok, that's a good plan. I'll just let my mom know. And don't worry about clothes and stuff."

Becky jokingly asked, "Let me guess; You have all that in your backpack?"

Gabi smiled, "Yep!"

The girls then went to sleep over to Eva's house.