~ Chapter One - When Everything Went Wrong ~

"There's a monster inside all of us." - Silco

𓆩*𓆪

Everything was so dark, quiet yet loud. I couldn't feel my body, but I could feel liquid fire running through my veins. There was screaming, uncontrollable and animalistic screaming. It was coming from everywhere, but I couldn't see who was wailing. Was I the one crying out? 

The pain kept going for what seemed like hours, every fiber in my being pierced. Is this what death feels like? Was it finally my time to go?

"(Y/N), open your eyes. When you wake up, you will be you." A sweet yet devious whisper rolls through the emptiness. 

I will be me? What the hell is that supposed to mean? And how the hell am I supposed to wake up from something that I have no idea what it is? I know for a fact that this isn't a dream.

𓆩*𓆪

As the Hexcore was pulling me in, Sky slowly started to disintegrate in front of me. Purple vapors swirling around us, sucking the life out of me. As soon as it started, Sky was gone. Her clothes and glasses falling to the ground. Crying out, I try to pull myself from the core and reach for what was left of her, but I was quickly being pulled back in.

The core was violently shaking, creating electrical hums and sparks. I closed my eyes in hopes this would all be over soon.

Coming from inside, a voice broke through the noise, "I know for a fact that this isn't a dream." 

Seconds later, there was a flash, and I was thrown to the ground. Everything became heavy, I couldn't feel my body. Losing consciousness, the last thing I saw was a person hovering where the core was, surrounded in violet wisps and swirls. 

𓆩*𓆪

As Viktor relaxed, (Y/N) was regaining strength, unaware of where she was and what just happened. The wisps died down, and she started to return back to the ground.

Landing on the table with a soft thud, she slumps over in exhaustion. Papers landed everywhere, the remains of Sky sprawled over the floor in a curved motion. The Hexcore was nowhere to be seen, and as the two laid on the floor, the only noise was the wind and soft breathing. Viktor's leg became metal, his DNA mixing with the magic inside of the Hexcore. (Y/N) struggled inside her mind, fighting off voices telling her to wake up, let everything go, to let the monsters inside her thrive. As she was stirring in her sleep, her heart became cold, twisting and turning into hardware. Purple and blue overtook her body, leaving nothing of her old self. Her eyes turning into electrifying colors as what was left over of the Shimmer and the magic started to own her body. 

As the night went on, people of Piltover failed to realized what had happened. Jayce was nowhere to be found, neither the professor. The room became still as papers, Viktor, and (Y/N) settled. 

Morning soon came, birds chirping and students of the academy arrived to study. People of the undercity calmed, the life of the night quieting down and hushed. Waking up, Viktor winces as he moves his body. What was left of the Hexcore was long gone, and the only thing remaining of what happened that previous night was this new thing on his leg, ashes, and some girl stirring and crying out in her sleep. Getting up, he touches his new appendage, thinking of how this could happen and what exactly happened last night.