~ Chapter Nine - Scintilla ~

"To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow - this is a human offering that can border on miraculous." - Elizabeth Gilbert

𓆩*𓆪

Oh my god. 

Oh my god!! You just made out with him, magic man! I didn't know you-

Don't get the wrong idea. It was to help him, not for pleasure.

And you, (Y/N)... I didn't know you could do that with your tongue-

SHUT UP. We don't need to talk about this.

Oh, but we do. You sure seemed to enjoy it... Do you like him?

Like him? I mean, he's a nice guy. He's just a friend-

Tsk. You know what I mean, sweets. We both know that those dreams of yours aren't just your brain making things up...

Technically they are your subconscious' desires.

I'm not going to discuss this with you.

You're such a killjoy.

She is right. Now is not the time to discuss this. We need our rest, our vessel's drained quite a bit, so stressing her out won't help anyone.

Fiiiiine. But we will have to eventually confront this, you know. Your feelings for him aren't going to go away overnight.

I know. Just, please, control yourself.

I can control myself! Name a time- Nevermind.

𓆩*𓆪

Gaining control again, my legs quiver as I try to get up from Viktor's lap, almost falling over as my legs give out. He catches me and wraps his arms around my waist. The smell of his cologne and other various products he uses sends a shiver down my spine. He smells so good, like coffee, pine... And mint?

"Careful. We don't want you to hurt yourself." Viktor breathes, his hot breath hitting my neck. My breath gets caught in my throat as I try not to make a noise. Being this close to him is intoxicating. As he starts to rub my back, Viktor moves to unzip my dress, pulling the flimsy metal piece slowly down. My eyes widen at the familiar sound.

"W-What are you doing?" I ask, managing to squeak out some words before I can feel my face get warm, butterflies fluttering in my stomach like mad. Kissing my shoulder, he stops.

"I can tell you're exhausted, so our plans for the undercity are going to be pushed back until you feel better. I don't want you to push yourself, (Y/N)." 

"We can still go... I'll be okay."

"No, it's alright. You can barely keep your eyes open, so don't worry about it. I'm just going to help you unzip then I'll leave to give you some privacy." 

Hesitantly nodding, I allow him to continue unzipping me until he reaches the end, the tips of his fingers cold against my hot skin. Unconsciously, I squirm slightly as I try not to let his actions get the better of me. Taking in a sharp breath, he grips my hips to stop me from moving, his hands just the perfect size.

"If you continue to move around like that, I won't be able to control myself." Viktor hums into my ear. If my face wasn't already red from earlier, it sure is now. Turning away from him, I stare at his bookshelf as I try to calm down. However, that is proving to be pointless as he rubs his thumbs into my skin.