Josh-Too Many Mistakes (Part 3)

Two weeks have passed since I last saw Josh. I've been staying at Kenzi and Danny's place. They were both out for the day, so I started to gather up all my things, send a text to the two thanking them. I decided to leave their apartment and head to mine. Not knowing if Josh was there, but still thinking it was best to just head over there. Fifteen minutes later, I park my car, get out, and head to the steps. I walk up and go to the 3rd floor. I stand outside the door, let out a sigh, unlock the door, and walk in. The smell of Josh's cologne and coffee hits me. I hear the showering running. I set down my stuff on the couch, going off to my reading room. I find my cat sitting in the chair, I sit, and put her in my lap. After a few minutes of thinking of what I'm going to say to Josh, I hear the shower turn off. I wait a few minutes and walk quietly into our room. Josh is standing outside of the side of his closet looking through it, his back to me. He still hasn't seen me, so I watch him for a second. He has a towel wrapped around his waist, his body glistening from water droplets, his hair dripping. He turns around, sees me, his eyes starting to water.

"Y/N..."

I give him a soft smile. "Hi."

"I love you so fucking much and I hate what I did. I regret it so much, I sat here for so long wondering if you were ever going to lo-"

I cut him off by kissing him gently. He hesitates, scared to let my lips be against his, but he kisses back softly. He puts his hands on either side of my face, looking deep into my eyes.

"I knew that you didn't mean it when you were crying. You never cry and I just knew. But I just needed some time. I forgive you Josh" I smile at him, looking into his soft brown eyes. He kisses me carefully, smiling against my lips.

"I promise to never hurt you again" he goes to his underwear drawer in his dresser. He pulls out a small box, he opens it, and in it is a ring that looks their song, Light My Love's symbol. The song he wrote for me and sang to me on our anniversary on guitar. I gasp.

"A promise ring. I know how we're both not ready for marriage, so I got this for you instead" he pulls it out of the box and slides it on to my left ring finger. Looking into my eyes gently, kissing my forehead.

"It's so beautiful Josh, I love you" I kiss him, passionately. He hugs me and kisses my forehead again.

"Never hurt you again. Never ever" he whispers softly into my ear.