Stealing A Farmer's Heart Part 1

With her dusty work boots clomping on the floor of the grocery store, laden down with full bags of food, Noelle Farmer nodded her head at the few customers and employees as she exited out into the bright, afternoon sun. Always with a smile on her face, she walked over to her white, dually, pick-up truck. Her smile, however, turned into a cringe when she spotted the caked-on mud and dust covering her trusty pick-up. Car wash. Her next thought as she loaded the backseat with the grocery bags. She knew it was a waste of time since she lived out of town surrounded by gravel and dirt roads. She also knew it wasn't good for the paint job to have mud and dirt make itself at home for too long, either.

Once that chore was done and her truck was gleaming in the sun, Noelle left Le Fleuve Bleu, a small town in Alberta, Canada, and settled in for the thirty-minute drive back to her farmhouse.

Noelle Farmer, aka Farmer, was born in Le Fleuve Bleu. Raised by her parents in town, but more often times than not, found herself back at her grandparents' farmhouse. Several times over the years, Farmer had dealt with her father's temper every time she snuck out of the house and either walked, hitchhiked, or stole the quad and headed for the farm. Farmer hated living in town, and on her sixteenth birthday she was surprised with an invitation from her grandparents to permanently live with them. Farmer loved her parents, but life on the farm was where she thrived. Ten years after moving in with her grandparents, she was delivered another surprise when they left the deed to the entire operation; house, barns, fields, animals, equipment, in her name when they decided to move to town due to their advancing ages. Ten years later at the age of thirty-six, Farmer was the sole owner of Farmer's Fresh Dairy. For added monetary gain corn and wheat were grown and sold in the warmer months. Farmer also started a large garden for growing vegetables. Those veggies were more for her own table and the local farmer's markets in the summer months. The whole operation kept Farmer busy, even with the hired help, but she loved every minute of it.

After making a turn at a four-way stop, a wistful sigh escaped her mouth when she felt a pang of longing, a deep yearning, that ache in her heart to have someone to share her life with. Farmer had always kept to herself throughout the years, never having any close friends. All were acquaintances, no one too close to hurt her. Bumping along the backroad, Farmer got to thinking about her experiences with romance, or even sex for that matter. Farmer chuckled, like always, every time she thought about her one and only sexual encounter. It happened weeks before high school graduation and she decided against her better judgment to attend a grad party with low expectations. To her surprise, she had been cornered by one of her classmates and the next thing she knew, she was making out with one of the cutest girls in school. Kissing and heavy petting evolved to clothes shedding off and bodies writhing together.

As always, when she reminisced, Farmer started laughing at the memory of their fumbling hands on each other. She momentarily dropped her gaze away from the road, and when she looked back up, her eyes widened and she gasped. "Shit!"