Stealing A Farmer's Heart Part 8

A week had passed since Farmer found Brynn walking down the dirt road leading to her property. To think that she would turn out to be a beautiful, sweet, and silly woman living in her home, helping her out with chores and house duties, Farmer would have thought a screw had come loose in her head. Brynn had proven to be a hard worker over the past week and better yet, a much better cook than Farmer. Something she didn't take for granted, because she wasn't sure how much longer Brynn was going to be around now that she was back on her Lithium and seeing a regular doctor now.

Farmer admitted to Brynn one night during one of their in-depth conversations that she knew squat about bipolar, and without offending Brynn, she assumed her bipolar was what forced Brynn's actions to runaway, leaving her earthly possessions behind. After Brynn explained to Farmer that her actions were from pure desperation to get away had nothing to do with her mental health. Brynn had said that being off the Lithium might have helped her impulsive decision to escape without a second thought. Farmer wanted to kick her own ass for thinking Brynn was a crazy person you'd find in an asylum. Brynn had quickly forgiven her with a playful punch to the arm. Farmer had taken the hit like a champ and secretly wished for more physical interactions with Brynn.

Their hot kiss they shared in the kitchen a week ago seemed to have been a one time thing. They've shared small pecks on the lips all week and flirty touches, but that passionate, blood pumping, pulsing in all areas kind of kiss hadn't happened again. Farmer kept reminding herself that she was the one who suggested they take things slow. And as much as that was a smart idea, there were times throughout the days she wished she could take it back because all she wanted to do was take Brynn to bed.

Today they were in town for groceries and to run personal errands. While Brynn was at the doctor's, Farmer took that opportunity to hit up her barber for a haircut. It'd been months since she had a fresh cut. On her way there, she spotted a small car driving slowly in the opposite direction she was walking. The driver's window was rolled down and a man was watching her. An uneasy tingle shot up her spine, she gave a hard stare at the man before she turned at the barbershop's front door. As soon as she walked inside the shop, she was happily greeted by everyone. La Fleuve Bleu had a population of twenty-five hundred, and out of those twenty-five hundred, only a handful of women visited the barber as the rest of the women went to the few different hair salons. The three barbers, two men, one woman, loved it when women came in. With times changing, barbers were being taught to cut women's hair, but living in a small, rural town, the kind of women needing a barber were few and far between.

Farmer shook hands with one of the barbers then followed him over to a vacant chair. She sat down and immediately grimaced at herself in the mirror at the length of her shaggy hair.

"Oui, it is time, Farmer," the barber playfully said as he draped a cape over her. "Are we doing the same?" he asked as he picked up a spray bottle and a comb. He began combing her hair, spraying occasionally.

Farmer was about to agree when inspiration tickled deep inside and she cocked a smile. "Ya know, I'm thinking something new, something tighter."

A sparkle of curiosity entered the man's eyes, he chuckled then said, "A femme, perhaps, who's suddenly changed your mind?"

It was no secret the town knew Farmer was a lesbian, but no one had ever seen her with anyone. She couldn't help but blush and chuckle. "Perhaps." She didn't want to say anymore for fear of jinxing herself.

The barber threw back his head and said, "Ah, le grand amour is in the air."

This brought Farmer up short. Love? No, too soon. Lust? Attraction? Friendship? Dating? Sex? Farmer ticked all those off. She wanted Brynn and hoped Brynn wanted her just as much.