Christmas in Ketterdam

Welcome!!! These will be a bunch of random little of stories of the crows and company leaving their daily life. 

This is a little story which takes place during the Christmas holidays since I wanted our crows to be festive.

A little note: this happens after Rule of Wolves so don't read it if you haven't finished that book, aslo I decided to give Hanne the name of Ilya since I've seen it around in the fandom.

Enjoy!!!

___________________

"I told you I'm not going"

"Kaz you said you were going and I'm not leaving until you come with me!"

This conversation had been going on all day in the Crow Club, most of the dregs had given up on trying to catch up what Dirty Hands and the Wraith were discussing and gone back to their daily activities.

"I've got job to do" Kaz said picking up some papers from the desk, Inej rolled her eyes.

"I don't remember Per Haskell doing that much job as you do"

"And that's why the business is doing so much better now"

"Oh come, it's Christmas eve, even Nina is coming! Everyone is celebrating you're not staying here alone all night working"

"I don't see a problem in that"

"Well I do"

He lifted his gaze from the papers and Inej got surprised of finally getting some of his attention, she couldn't miss this opportunity. She got close to him, taking the papers from his hands and putting them in the table, not breaking eye contact.

"I'm sure Jesper will behave" she said and she swore she saw a little smile on Kaz's face for a split second

"Do you truly believe Jesper won't make the most of his first party in such a mansion?"

"I had to try" Inej smiled.

With that Kaz got up from his seat leaving his cane behind and heading to the dresser. Inej was still trying to find out what has made him change his mind but she wasn't going to ask afraid he'll go back to his papers. She sat in the table just watching him.

"Are your parents coming?" he asked, picking a tie from the wardrove.

"Yes" she said smiling at Kaz's question "they're already in Wylan and Jesper's place, I left them talking to Wylan's mom"

Kaz nodded silently still looking at the tie as if studying it. Inej stepped out of the table and approached him.

"I think that one is good" she said as she walked near him to make sure he noticed her approaching. He closed the wardrove and got to the nearest mirror, putting the tie on the neck of his shirt.

"So am I finally meeting the famous Ilya?" Kaz asked.

"Yes it seems so, wait it's crooked"

Kaz looked down at his tie but Inej was already taking it in her hands carefully and straightening it. Kaz looked up at her, she could notice his gaze on her, but since he said nothing and didn't pull away she finished fixing his collar.

"Now" she said in almost a whisper "It's perfect"

She looked up, Kaz was still with his gaze fixed on her, now both of them looking directly into each other's eyes. If Inej moved a little be closer their nose would brush. But neither of them moved, they both stand there as if they couldn't think of a much better thing to do, which was partially true.