xxix: the new classic/ the epilogue

29: The New Classic

"Too tight?" Rico muttered looking at me

Shaking my head I formed a fist with my hand, "Nah it's good." I muttered placing the headphones back on my head.

Cutting the last to the tape he nodded and looked up at the athletic commissioner who studied the wrap making sure that it attended to the rules and regulations, my leg had been bouncing a thousand miles per hour.

Looking up at the clock I saw that we now had five minutes till the fight, the only thing I had on my mind was taking home my belt. I wanted to see the bitch put on his ass, and I wanted to see him finally eating all the words that he said, and I wanted to watch it. Signing my wrap, they slid on the boxing glove and secured the gloves in place with more wrapping tape, shaking hands with Roz they left.

This fight felt different from all the others, I had never been to a fight where there were sold out seats and well over millions of people watching to see what happen between the troublesome fighters. This was everything that I had worked my ass off for, I was no longer that little boy running away from the foster homes because I was tired of going to sleep hungry. I was no longer that little boy who mustered in the anger of losing both of his parents in the span of six months.

So much shit was on the plate besides money and a belt, my credibility, and my integrity for my people is on the line. I was going to be the one to bring the belt back to Colombia when this is all said and done and the cameras, light, and the crowd went away, if I didn't win...then what was all this for?

Waking up at four o'clock in the morning, spending the whole day in the boxing gym and jumping rope until my feet hurt or my hands couldn't form a fist, waking up and my body being sore from body shots and throwing around people who were twice my weight. If I didn't win this fight I was petrified that I could be at the risk of losing my admiration for the people that I called my family, everything I said would be questioned and investigated like I had never been true to my word.

"Let's give them some privacy." Maniac muttered looking behind me.

Turning the music down I looked behind me to see Majesty smiling at everyone while hugging Roz, "You look beautiful mija." He said before hugging her again and she responded in a 'thank you' before he left.

When the door shut my eyes swallowed the dress in, it was beautiful...she was beautiful, walking over to me she walked in between my legs and placed my arms around her ass and removed the headphones from my head, "You ready baby?" She said placing her forehead against mine.

Nodding I let out a breath, "I've been ready mi amor."

Kissing my head, "I know," moving her lips to my cheekbone, "But I just want you to be okay." Kissing the corner of my lips she muttered, "I love you and I know this is necessary so," Holding each side of my face she kissed me intensely causing for me to pull her closer, breaking the kiss she ran a thumb pass my lips, "After the fight I want you to tell me you love me not before because I will be able to know if you're okay."

"I want to marry you after this Majesty." I uttered with no warning from my brain whatsoever, I was planning on telling her this when we went back to Colombia, and I could give her the proper proposal.

Messaging my head she grinned, "I'll marry you on one condition."

"And what's that condition mi amor." I raised an eyebrow.

Bending her head down she whispered in my ear, "We don't have a fashion blogger cover our wedding."

__________________________