Chapter 7

"This is it right?" Yibo asked as he parked his car in front of Xiao Zhan' apartment. "Yes..." Zhan who just noticed it now turned to look in Yibo's direction, "...how did you know my place?" he asked at Yibo and the younger just averted his gaze from the older, thinking how to divert the topic.

"Uh..." was only what Yibo could say while Xiao Zhan was anticipating what Yibo is gonna say but...

"How's Lan doing Zhan-ge?" Yibo averted the topic and Xiao Zhan immediately answered, forgetting the answer that he wanted from the younger. "As I've told you, if it wasn't for Wei then I might not even know where he is right now," Zhan pouted at the thought of how Lan never came to him on his own.

"Hahahaha," laughed Yibo as he turned off his car and went outside to open the door for his Zhan-ge. "Oh my, what a gentleman," complimented Zhan as he put on his mask and earned a chuckle from the younger. "Is that new to you? I was a gentleman since I was born," Yibo shared, proudly.

"Really?" Xiao Zhan teased Yibo as he opened the door to his apartment. "I'm home!" Zhan exclaimed and he could hear teeny weeny steps coming from the living room. "Here's the best part," Zhan whispered to Yibo and the younger was confused as to why the older sat down on the floor while taking his shoes off.

"Here they come," Zhan informed Yibo once again and they could see ears peeking from the corner, a pair of black and a pair of white. "Xiao Wei!" Zhan opened his arms and the bunny hopped fast leaving the poor white bunny behind to stare at the interaction. Wei jumped into Zhan's arms happily before he snuggled towards his owner. Lan on the other hand stayed where he stopped and stared at Xiao Zhan. Zhan who noticed this motioned his hand toward the person behind him. Lan being the smart one, got what Xiao Zhan was referring to and when the bunny laid his eyes on the familiar person, he immediately hopped fast, even faster than Wei's, and jumped to the person standing behind Zhan.

Yibo was surprised at how the bunny became energetic and how high it can jump that it even reached him. Thankfully, Yibo caught Lan before it sustained any injuries. Lan was so excited that he never separated from Yibo even if Wei was already released from Zhan's grasp.

"Wow, Yibo, Lan still recognized you as his owner!" said Zhan and Yibo just kept staring at the white bunny who keeps on snuggling on him. "Come to think of it, this was your first time visiting your bunny," said Zhan as he stood up and prepared something for his visitor.

Suzhen was not present since she has some matters to attend to, well, that's what she said to Zhan and Zhan respected Suzhen's privacy so he let her be. After all, they do not belong in each other's possessions for them to control each other. Zhan believed that this is how relationships towards two people should be, a relationship that has the freedom to do whatever they want.

"Here, lemon juice," Zhan handed Yibo the lemon juice and somehow, Yibo froze. "Yibo?" Zhan knocked Yibo out from his frozen position. "Y-Yeah?" Yibo stuttered and Zhan found it a bit suspicious. "Are you okay?" Zhan asked him and Yibo just nodded and sipped from the juice that Zhan handed him while Lan looked at his owner, also worried.

Yibo was thinking deeply and Zhan did not fail to notice it. "Yibo...you seem out of yourself, let's go out? My treat," Zhan did his best to lift up Yibo's mood but the younger looked at him instead, "but are you now okay, Zhan-ge?"

'Since when was I not feeling fine?'

"Of course, and don't worry about my job, you already gave an excuse letter to Jie without me even knowing," Zhan laughed at the thought. He was spacing out at the car on their way back to Zhan's apartment when Yibo knocked him out of his thoughts by saying that he has already given his excuse letter to Yanli.

"Mn," Yibo replied as a sign of agreement to Xiao Zhan's request. "Let's go! Also, bring Lan and I'll also bring Wei," said Zhan as he went out of Yibo's sight so that he can prep Wei and also bring Lan's things. 

"Wah, my bunny is so handsome!" Zhan cheered and was satisfied with his bunny's looks. Wei was wearing a red ribbon tied both on his neck and a red collar so that Zhan will keep him on track. Before he went back to Yibo, he also got Lan's belongings that he bought.

"Yibo!" Zhan called as he went down the stairs. "Here are Lan's things, most of them are white and sky blue since they fit him the most, pure and innocent," Zhan eyed Lan who was still snuggling at Yibo, not leaving his side. 'What a cutie,' Zhan cooed.

"Thanks, Zhan-ge," Yibo grabbed Lan's things from Zhan and made him wear the collar and ribbon that was matching Wei's. "There," Yibo huffed, satisfied with what he did to his bunny and to Zhan's surprise, it was neat looking. Lan looked...so formal compared to his Wei but he still loves his bunny the most.

"Let's go?" Zhan asked and Yibo nodded. Both of them rode Yibo's car and did decide on where they should go. "We should go to a place where there are no people," said Zhan while Yibo kept quiet. "Parks are not good, also malls and playgrounds...Ah! Where should we go?" Zhan kept talking to himself while Yibo thought about something deeply.

"We should go to the forest, a picnic cabin..." Yibo proposed and made Xiao Zhan stop his rambling. He looked at Yibo with shining eyes, anticipating what the younger would say next, "...and I know the place," this made Zhan's day complete, spending time with his friend.

***

"We're here," cheered Yibo and he put on his cap and mask, Zhan also did the same thing. Zhan stepped out of the car and the view was just...green. "Wow, how come I never knew about this place?" Zhan asked himself and could hear Yibo laughing beside him. Xiao Zhan frowned due to the other's reaction, "what's so funny?"

"Silly Zhan-ge, this is a private property that is owned by our family. That's alone should give you the thought of why you never discovered this place,"

"Filthy rich," Zhan grumbled but was enough for Yibo to hear it.

"What?" asked Yibo again who came near Zhan while grinning from ear to ear.

"Nothing!" replied Zhan as he tried to run away from Yibo who was threatening to do something funny to him.

"Ey, I heard it earlier!"

"If you heard it then you wouldn't have to clarify it to me one more time, idiot!" Zhan teased the younger making them spend their time chasing each other in the forest owned by the Wang family.

***
Edited
12/20/21

Enjoy!