Chapter 18

The airplane that Xiao Zhan was landed safely. But of course Xiao Zhan was fidgeting his fingers all the way here, drowned in his thoughts that maybe Yibo already gave up on him when his father assured him that Yibo's love for him isn't that easy to disappear.

As the flight attendant declared that the doors are now open, Xiao Zhan went out first knowing that he hasn't carried anything with him except his phone, slipped out easily. Several passengers were slightly angry at the man's behavior but if they knew what the situation is then they will surely pity him. After all, who doesn't pity a man who forgot and drove his love away believing at something that he's not.

"Sorry, I'm in a hurry," Xiao Zhan apologized to the people that he bumped along the way and continue his fast pace to the waiting area knowing that Jiyang's already there and he was not indeed mistaken, Jiyang was there with Haoxuan and both of them were holding hands while Jiyang is carrying the things that Xiao Zhan requested him to bring.

When Zhan saw them, he ran to them in a much slower pace than before ignoring the people that saw him. "Here..." Jiyang handed Zhan the cap and mask, "...wear it quickly, some people already saw you," he continued and Zhan who just realized this immediately wore his mask and cap, bowing his head while following to where the couple walked.

When they arrived at the parking area, Haoxuan opened the door for Jiyang and Jiyang signed Xiao Zhan to also go into the backseat, Xiao Zhan just nodded in response. When they have settled comfortably in the car, Haoxuan asked, "why did you do it to Yibo?" anger was clear in his tone.

Zhan had expected this question to be asked as he knew that Haoxuan indeed loved Yibo as his younger brother and also Jiyang. Zhan had thought that maybe this was the anger that Haoxuan hid from him back at the gala where the man stared at him with despise.

"I-" Zhan wasn't able to start his explanation as Haoxuan cut him.

"Did you know how much he suffered?"

"Did you know how broken he was when he knocked into my door, face red and tears still streaming? It pained me to watch the man whom I consider as a younger brother cry like that...I never saw him broken like that since that day-" Haoxuan didn't finish his statement because he thought that Zhan still did not remember it all. "...you should've rejected him...you should've rejected him a hundred of times. It's much better than kissing someone in front of the man who had done nothing else but to love you! And on top of that...you were kissing his cousin!" Haoxuan let it all out on Xiao Zhan, he screamed, cried not minding his belief that Xiao Zhan did not remember what happened at the past when in the present the man already remembers and his guilt was now eating his conscience.

Zhan was shocked hearing that Suzhen was Yibo's cousin. This made him suffer in guilt that he had temporarily set aside earlier.

'Just how much did you hurt your love Xiao Zhan?' Zhan asked himself as he reflected his actions.

"Haoxuan-" Jiyang called out.

"Hah! You're now quiet knowing that Suzhen is Yibo's cousin? I don't know what came in that little brain of yours that you forgot about Yibo and only remembered his cousin being your girlfriend...I just don't know Zhan! Kindly tell me! And oh! The pain you're feeling right now doesn't even fill the half of how Yibo felt when you said that you don't remember him. He was devastated, he felt like his whole world crumbled down when you said that you don't remember him and acted lovey dovey with his cousin. Even though I did not witness the scene but from how Yibo explained it to me made my heart break," Haoxuan insulted and told the truth about how Yibo felt at that time.

"Haoxuan-" Jiyang called his boyfriend out again but Haoxuan was too occupied on talking to Zhan.

"So Zhan, for the sake of your fucking face, don't show yourself to me or to Yibo unless you remember everything," Haoxuan hissed those words like venom. Ha badly wanted to punch Xiao Zhan for not remembering everything.

"Haoxuan!"

"What?!" out of anger Haoxuan shoutedat Jiyang who was shocked of how Haoxuan answered him. Haoxuan never shouted at his boyfriend for once.

"Did you just-" Jiyang just let this slide because he knew how Haoxuan is right now, instead he looked at his boyfriend and held him in both shoulders.

"He remembered..." he stated and when Haoxuan heard this, his eyes slowly opened wide.

"...he was trying to tell it to you but you being the impatient one ended up talking bad about the man here," Jiyang gestured Zhan who was lowering his head, crying.

'I'm pathetic,' Xiao Zhan said to himself.

"I-" Haoxuan now felt bad for not letting Zhan finish what he was about to say earlier.

"No, you're right. I'm pathetic...I forgot my lover and mistook his cousin being my girlfriend...I hurt him many times, rejected his confessions. Me, believing at something that I'm not...I'm really pathetic," Zhan mumbled while crying. Watching this scene made Haxuan bathe in guilt. He didn't knew that the man already remembered everything and was probably reflecting on his mistakes but he spoke so many things that added more to Xiao Zhan's guilt.

"Look Zhan-"

"But if I would let that guilt consume right now then I would not be here..." Xiao Zhan wiped his tears and looked at Haoxuan, determined.

"...so Haoxuan, please tell me where Yibo is...it's totally fine if I kneel before you or even let you beat me up...just tell me where Yibo is," tears were streaming back at Xiao Zhan's eyes as he looked at his friend desperately. Haoxuan who realized that what Xiao Zhan said indeed came from his heart.

Haoxuan sighed, hoping that if he tells Xiao Zhan about Yibo's whereabouts then maybe the older could fix their broken relationship, "he's at Luoyang."

***

It was now night time and Zhan is currently staying at Haoxuan and Jiyang's shared apartment since it was near to the airport. If you're asking as to why Xiao Zhan didn't fly immediately to Luoyang then it's because of the weather.

"Ugh just why did it decide to arrive now?" Jiyang groaned in frustration while cooking dinner while Haoxuan and Zhan are at the living room.

"Zhan, I'm truly sorry for what I did," the man apologized.

"It's fine Haoxuan, what you said was true. Me forgetting the love of my life," Zhan chuckled bitterly as he stood up and volunteered to help Jiyang set the table leaving Haoxuan behind.

As they ate dinner, it was awkward but at the same time peaceful. When they finished eating, Xiao Zhan volunteered to wash the dishes since he was crashing here for the night with no rent or whatsoever. Jiyang wanted to do it but Xiao Zhan talked some sense into him that this can be his pay for staying here. In the end, Jiyang gave in but he didn't leave Zhan's side for a minute and that's the chance where Xiao Zhan told Jiyang everything when his memories came back.

***

Zhan now laid at the guest room prepared by Haoxuan. He just kept staring at the blank ceiling while his mind drifted into his past. How he met Yibo, how Yibo manage to capture his heart and things.

"How are you doing right now my love?" Zhan asked the ceiling hoping that maybe it would show Yibo's face to him.

"I swear that if you moved on...I'll bring you back," Zhan said as he clenched his fist, determined at what his plan is gonna be. And so with that Zhan drifted to sleep but was awaken by dreams or nightmares throughout the night.

***

Morning came and thank god the weather was now fine. Zhan immediately booked a ticket from Beijing to Luoyang.

With Haoxuan driving to the airport, he dropped of Zhan and Jiyang hugged him the last time before he leaves for Luoyang and as for Haoxuan he threatened Xiao Zhan to bring back his little brother or he'll roast his bunny a.k.a. xiao Wei. At that moment, Haoxuan and Zhan's relationship was mended and what left right now is his and Yibo's.

"I'm coming my love," Xiao Zhan said as he stepped inside the plane.

-----------
Not Edited
01/05/21

Enjoy!