Chapter 11

Yibo drove to their entertainment as fast as he could due to the call he received from his manager. When he arrived he was surprised to see countless of people, no, journalists rather, bringing their cameras with them and some with microphones.

'What happened?' Yibo asked in his mind once again.

Just as he walked out of his car. Journalists and photographers swarmed to him, each forcing their ways in front of others just to get Wang Yibo's statement.

"Wang Yibo, is the rumors true?" one of the journalists started. Yibo was puzzled to this question.

'What are they trying to say and what rumor?' Yibo asked himself.

The journalists saw Yibo's puzzled face so they chose to tell him about the rumor that has been ranking no. 1 in Waibo's recent searches.

Upon knowing this Yibo immediately denied this rumors but knowing that this wouldn't work on the public, he just ignored all of the journalists wanting to take a statement of him confirming the rumor.

Yibo arrived at his manager's office in such a hurry that he came there almost breathless. "T-The rumor is-is false," he blurted then sat down and took deep breaths. The CEO himself turned and cocked a brow at Yibo's direction, "how can you say that when they clearly have an evidence against you!" his voice boomed shocking the manager and Yibo but the latter still remained composed.

"That—" Yibo tried to find some words but nothing cam to his defences, "what?" the CEO asked him, anger evident on his voice. "She was just...my friend," Yibo explained and the CEO scoffed in reply. "You call her a friend that cups your cheeks? And you smiling at her?" the CEO stated in a mocking tone. Yibo was about to talk but the CEO cut him, "the media knows Wang Yibo being the cold king for God's sake! And here you are acting all fluffy with some girl!"

Yibo was quiet, not because of anger but because how the CEO's words match him. He truly was cold to everyone else but when it comes to his loved ones, he showed them his whole side, not the cold Wang Yibo but the easy and outgoing Wang Yibo.

After some moments of silence, the manager finally had the chance to talk. "About us resolving this issue, we have two options..." Yibo's manager started, "go," the CEO cued while massaging his head due to the headaches he suffered because of this issue. "...we either confirm Wang Yibo's relationships with the girl or Yibo will go on hiatus," Yibo was shocked upon the second option. He worked hard for the career and success that he had today and because of that he will not let some rumors destroy it.

"I'll take the first option," Yibo straightforwardly said. After all, if this is all about his career and about the rumors, he's going to tell the truth, no lies. "Perfect!..." cheered the CEO with pure glee, "...I'll schedule the press conference tomorrow..." he stated as he stood and went near Yibo, "...you made a good choice boy, to not harm the entertainment's reputation," he patted his shoulder before disappearing from their sight.

"Are you sure about this Yibo?" his manager asked him and he said without hesitation evident on his voice, "Yes."

'If it means clearing all the misunderstandings I have with Zhan-ge,' he thought.

***
Zhan was in the entertainment as he had another scheduled photoshoot of him endorsing their new product. "Thie is the product I'm gonna endorse?" Zhan asked with glee and amazement as he examined the product that the company had invented. "Yup and don't exaggerate about it, it's just a normal paint remover just more efficient and more has faster removal," said Wen Qing but Zhan just ignored her and continued examining the item. Just as what Wen Qing said, it was indeed a normal paint remover. Just a liquid in the bottle is what it is but Zhan took the exaggeration into a whole other level.

"Well yeah but it's really convinient for me as a painter since I tend to smudge paint often on my clothes," Zhan said scratching his head, embarrased of the fact that he's clumsy, so clumsy that the hairdresser has to arrange his hairstyle once again since he forgot that his hair was already done when he scratched it. "Aiya Zhan, you're giving much more hassle towards the hairstylist," complained Wen Qing and Zhan who just realized it right now immediately apologized, "Oh my God, sorry!" the hairstylists just smiled at his cuteness and replied with 'it's our job, there's no need to worry.'

After the hairstylists were done with Zhan's hair, the photographer immediately pushed him towards the spotlight so that they could start. Not because of the photographer being in a hurry but because of Xiao Zhan's schedule. After this photoshoot  he would have to meet up with Director Xiu once more so that they can meet with the staffs and start with the shooting. With Director Xiu, any movie or series will be done in a minimum of 2 months. That's how amazing Director Xiu Shang is but because of her family's high standards they will never appreciate how Xiu Shang grew to be as a director.

"Okay, let's start!" cued the photographer and Zhan set aside his unnecessary behaviors and out his business one.

***
After the photoshoot, Zhan and Wen Qing bid goodbye to the staffs and left to where Director Xiu is.

"Wen Qing  what do you think about this photoshoot? Will it hit or no?" Zhan asked, curious of the outcome will be. Wen Qing sighed, tired of her friend's questions that already has answers, "you idiot, of course it will become a hit. Everyone trusts Xiao Zhan's preferences and critiques," Wen Qing said proudly and this made Zhan chuckle. It was true that even though Zhan was working under the company of Wen Qing's uncle. He picked products that are efficient for him and for other artists to use. It would be useless to endorse a product that doesn't give benefits to artists and he would become a disgrace to the art world for endorsing such useless materials, is what he thought and believed.

"This are the pros of picking an artist as an endorser," chirped Wen Qing as she slumped her back at her seat beside Zhan. "Oh sheesh, don't flatter me like that," Zhan said but Wen Qing looked at him weirdly. "I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to myself for picking an artist to be our endorser," pointed Wen Qing and made Zhan shut up.

***
Both of them arrived at the place where they're meeting Director Xiu, safely. They sat at the cafe, which was rented by Shang's staff exclusive for the artists only. Wen Qing looked at he wrist watch and saw that it was already past 30 minutes and Shang hasn't arrived yet so while waiting, they decided to just eat and talk about some random things.

"Sorry I arrived late!" came a voice and took a seat in front of them. "Sorry I'm late, I just came from my grandpa. I bought some flowers for him since it's his death anniversary today," said Shang as he catches her breath while wiping her sweat. Zhan and Wen Qing immediately understood the situation and just said to Shang that it's fine since she was visiting the dead.

"Now, I wanted this project to start early and end early. I planned this movie to be an hour and 15 minutes long with a modern setting so that it wouldn't take too much time preparing. I contacted you now because thankfully, our staff is already done preparing the setting and the only remaining are the actors that will portray the characters. If this will go smoothly then I estimate that we will be done filming in a span of 1 month." Xiu Shang explained. Both Wen Qing and Zhan were quiet as they were still absorbing the piece of information the Director said to them.

After doing so, both of them had wide smile on their faces. Both were happy as the filming would only take a small time span though they would probably have many sleepless nights but atleast, it will not reach more than one month. "So what do you two say? Most of the actors agreed with this,"

'I mean who wouldn't? Most of the actors would find this to their advantage,' Wen Qing and Zhan said in their minds at the same time.

"Of course," both of them cheered and upon realizing Wen Qing cleared her throat and signalled Xiao Zhan to say it one more time, "I'll agree," Zhan wanted to laugh but was restricted because of Wen Qing's glare and Wen Qing just wanted to slap herself for answering a question that was not meant for her.

------
Not Edited
12/27/21

Enjoy!