6- Rainy days and Fridays

Today is friday, and this morning was murky and gloomier than it usually is ever since the rainy season started. I didn't bother asking Feleen about the flowers, baka kaniya talaga at hindi naman ako nag-eexpect na may magpapadala sakin let alone may matatanggap for that day. Impossible naman na si Evon din yon when he actually bought the alibi Stella made up. Eventually, the whole matter just flew off my mind because I had to pick up a few extra shifts. I buried myself with work, not wanting to come back up and dig up his memories in my mind once again. 

I just came from one of my patient's rooms who was just about to be discharged today. I walked together with a doctor down the hall and discussed the patient's chart. I stopped and met another friend doctor in the hallway. He had a smile plastered on his face, influencing me.

He caught up with my pace "Nurse Owi, it's Doc Evon's birthday this weekend. He'd appreciate it if you can, you know, come over to his party."

"Nako, Doc Dom.... Hindi kasi ako sure eh."

"Sige na, Nurse Raoise. Mas magiging masaya si bro kung andon ka."

"I'll try but I cannot promise. I'll talk to him later—"

"Dr. Dom," an authoritative voice rose upon the silence of the hallway. I automatically glanced at the person speaking and saw Zarces making his way toward us. He was actually here, in the flesh, safe and well, in so long. He looked like he never aged and time did not pass him one bit- he still indeed had the ability to make my heart race. In a glimpse of him, I forgot how devastated I was when he left.

He was fine now: magaling na ang paa niya, he was walking as if there was no trace of an accident. Sobra akong natuwa that it was actually showing on my face and I couldn't conceal it-I don't want to. Seeing him in an office suit made my cheeks burn. I've seen him in photos but it strikes differently when you see him in person.

"Hey, Big B!" Dom greeted. I didn't even know they knew each other. Zarces walked straight to him, passed through me and my sight, to give Dom a bro hug. I had the chance to collect myself and watch them exchange pleasantries "Kamusta ang paa mo? Ano kailangan? Sino hanap? Si Feleen?" Dom went on.

Feleen na naman. La ba tayong iba diyan?

"Actually, no. I came to see Sir Alecroi."

"Papunta ka pa?"

"Oo," said a man of a few words.

I felt Dom's hand on my shoulder "Nurse Owi will take you there. Siguro magkakilala naman na kayo diba? She was with you when you were here months ago. Oh pano? I'll go ahead na, may meeting pa ko bro."

Hindi ako nakapagsalita nang tuluyan kaming iwanan ni Dom sa hallway. All I can say is sobrang awkward! Nagtinginan pa kami ni Zarces, I felt conscious as I noticed na may nauukit nang ngiti sa mukha nito na para bang batang nakakita ng gusto niyang laruan. May gana pa siyang mapangiti sa harap ko? Hindi niya ba alam na naaasar ako nung ghinost niya ako? Nakakainis, pakiramdam ko namumula na naman ang mga pisngi ko at sumasakit na naman ang tiyan ko.

 Wala naman ata akong ulcer pero parang nagso-somersault ang tiyan ko sa kaba at ligaya...?

"Kamusta ang paa mo?" muntik pa ko mautal.

He had his hands in his pockets and looked down on his leg "Doing well. All thanks to your service" he smiled and then he sighed and looked away as if he was trying to say something. I gave him a confused look "What's wrong?"

"Pano ko ba to sasabihin sayo" he touched his lower lip, trying to find the words to tell me his scattered thoughts. The gesture made him so attractive and sexy, I mean, he always looked sexy. Hay, talk about charisma—this man first comes into my mind "Kasi yung flowers... The other week... My friend thought it was for her pero ano eh- it was for you. I'll just make it up to you."