8- Lips

Everything has been working differently after I got into a relationship, I started to see hearts and happy face doodles in my charts. I had someone waiting for me after my shift, I had someone to hug after we both had a tiring day at work, I had someone for me—just someone special that even having him alone made me feel special too. Although it might still be unethical for me to fall in love with someone who stayed in this facility under our care but come on, will it hurt to bend it? Stella knows and she promised to keep this one from my Dad for me until we come and talk to him personally about Zarces and me.

"May schedule po tayo today sa laboratory, Ma'am. Handa na po ba si Kaj?" I peeked behind the woman and saw the little boy shiver in fear as the sheets lay flat from his stomach down his feet.

"Mommy..." he said under protest.

"We have to do this, Kaj. Hindi ka nila pababayaan and I'll be there. How's that?" she asked her son. He nods and finally loosened up a bit. I helped him get to the wheelchair and smiled at his mother. I am very thankful for parents who make our jobs easier especially with their children. It turned out to be a very smooth day at the hospital.

I stare outside the window as I wait for time but my phone rang and disturbed my reverie. I was told to come up to my Dad's office for a meeting, he always wanted me to be present at these kinds of meetings. The discussion was with the board where we talked about a few renovations and additional buildings given by the Donique's—Donique?! Like my boyfriend Donique as in Zarces? Was this his token? Aba punyeta naman ang swerte ko.

"Owi" Evon's voice rose upon the silence as I walked alone to the station.

"Hey, what's up?" I answered with a huge smile.

"Would you like to have dinner with me sometime? I know a great place, I was just thinking if —"

"Nurse Owi, may flowers para sayo sa station" Singit ng kaibigan ko na napadaan lang sa hall at napansin din maya-maya si Evon "Doc E, hello po. Wow, bagong tabas ah. Pogi niyo po tingnan."

I didn't even notice that.

"Thanks, Nurse Jill" he smiled and touched his hair. I gave him a faint smile and then we walked together silently to the station. The station was fussing over the flowers; I was excited to get my hands on the flowers but I couldn't find a way to get rid of Evon. He forced a smile when I looked at him, maybe uncomfortable of what was happening because he never got to hear my answer to his date. Wala rin akong mahanap na medyo magandang paraan to decline, declining his offers always made me feel bad.

"Who would send you flowers when you're pretty allergic to them, right, Raois? Just someone who doesn't really know you" he jested and took a closer look.

Oh my god, there's a card.

"From Zarces—wait, Zarces? Like Big Boss Zarces Donique?" bigkas nung isang may hawak sa card na siyang dahilan ng pagkakuha ng atensiyon ni Evon. I had to take the card from him and divert the topic "I know right, E, I think my nose is getting runny. Ilayo niyo please"

"Put it on top of the sink, that's farther from her" Evon ordered and they all obliged. I could have mouthed no but I was only forced to look at the flowers my boyfriend sent being carried away, about to be disposed. I think I got a dose of my own medicine. Evon asked if I was okay, running his hand gently on my back. And of course I had to fake sneeze and all. Ayaw ko talagang gawin to pero I had to convince him that the allergies are real otherwise I'd be caught.

Hindi na talaga ako mabibigyan ng bulaklak sa station na to. Ngayon lang ako nagsisi!

"It'll go away now that the flowers are far away from me. I'll be fine, really, you can leave now"