9- Sneaking Out

In dating someone as busy as Zarces AKA Big Boss (na hindi masyado), we cherished each moment we had with each other. After that scene I pulled out from the hospital, we talked it out, and agreed that Feleen won't ever be a big deal to us or at the very least, to me. We had more time to hang out during my day offs so for today we decided to watch a movie in my condo which didn't last for too long. He said he was feeling unwell after looking at an area he plans to buy in Batanggas earlier today. He said it was really hot out there so hindi na rin ako nagpilit, I don't feel like wanting to go out either. I had medicines in the cupboard so I gave him a pain reliever and tucked him to bed.

It was just 4 in the afternoon but I was feeling sleepy too dahil sa pinaggagawa ko kaninang general cleaning dito sa condo.

I reached for a book on the table beside my bed and when I settled back on my bed, I realized that I was no longer sleeping on a bed half empty. A smile graced my lips and let my fingertips run along his hair then I proceeded to read the foreword of the book. Moments after I reached the third chapter, I started to feel really sleepy and tired.

"Love?" someone spoke so closely to my ear. I felt something warm enveloping my body and found out that I woke up from my sleep. He had his arm on my waist while my head lay on top of it, sleeping on it while the other was above the blanket.

"Bakit? Humihilik ba ako?" I know I don't snore-or maybe I do but I just had no one to tell me. Haha.

He stifled his laughter "Hindi, 8 PM na kasi. Bababa sana ako para bumili ng pagkain."

"Sorry, sorry, dinner? What do you want?"

"Catch up some sleep. Sorry I woke you up, magpapaalam lang sana ako."

"Stay na lang muna? Tawagan mo na lang" I said as my face pressed against his chest. He pulled me closer and kissed the top of my head and reached for his phone. I didn't intend to listen to the full conversation but he was still loud enough for me to hear. He was speaking to someone on the phone in such a sweet and gentle manner. Soothing, I thought as I rocked myself to sleep listening to him.

"At home, I'm resting..." he gently ran his hand on my shoulder underneath the sheets. He was chuckling softly, "Alam kong may inuwi ka na namang babae sa party diyan. But thank you for filling in for me. Sobrang sama ng pakiramdam ko, can't get out of bed"

"I'll send the address. Get it right, okay?"

"You only have one thing to do, Jer. I'll tell you once I feel better" he let out a couple of gentle chuckles.

I suddenly remembered to check his temperature; hindi parin bumaba ang lagnat niya. I thought he was just so warm in his sweater, well, I mean my sweater. I know he was also feeling a bit uncomfortable now so I had to assess where it's all coming from. Bumangon ako at tiningnan siya. He was quite surprised to see me up and awake when I asked him to stay in bed with me a few minutes ago.

"What's wrong? Masakit parin ba ulo mo?" I asked.

"Hindi na. Pero yung..." he sighed deeply and held the sheets "Yung paa ko, masakit."

"Love, this is what I'm telling you. I'll get someone to pick us u-"

"It's fine. Come on, duty ka na bukas and I want to spend the rest of the night with you. I'll come to the hospital tomorrow."

"Bukas ha, we'll go. Sasamahan kita."

"Duty mo na kaya."

"Sa gabi pa naman. Oh hey you told me na bababa ka sana to get food kanina, so bababa ka talaga nun?" I asked to which he responded with a nod "Thankful nga ako na pinigilan mo ko eh." He said as he was fixing the duvet on top of us. It was nice to stay in bed but it would have been better if he was feeling comfortable with himself.