Chapter 7: Captured

I looked over and saw a ghostly afterimage of Charlie staring at me with wide eyes. I stared back. But no, it can't be real, just another part of my imagination, right? Charlie died a long time ago and her body was found. She couldn't still be around. Could she? I contemplated while staring at the apparition in front of me. I just wasn't sure. i stared at it for a while longer before I finally decided to speak.
"Charlie? Is that you?"
I stared at the spirit in front of me as it stayed where it was, just staring at me with wide eyes. Then, as if a dam had broken, it rushed at me with arms outstretched. I was rocked in place as the small apparition slammed into me with powerful force. It embraced me and sobbed into my torso.
"I-i-i thought we had k-killed you." she muttered out while hugging me tightly. I shook my head and did my best to comfort her.
"shhh, shh,shhh, its ok, its ok..." i mumbled repeatedly while trying to calm her. I hadn't seen Charlie in a long time. She had been murdered outside of Freddy's on a rainy night after some kids locked her out. I made sure they went home with black eyes and missing teeth for that. Uncle Henry was distraught at the loss of his daughter, and I felt helpless to do anything to help, which, sadly, only grew further into me tormenting Evan. I shuddered to myself while holding back mental tears, as i couldn't really physically cry, as far as I'm aware. I still hated myself for everything I've done, and not doing what i should have done. But for now, I just did my best to make up for all those mistakes, by doing what is right, in the now. Charlie was still hugging me, refusing to let go. And I wasn't going to make her let go either. While embracing the crying spirit, i looked up at Fazbears Fright, going up in flames and the fire burned higher and higher. I could hear sirens growing closer. I looked over and saw the lights getting concerningly close to the building, so i stood while still holding Charlie in my arms and made my way towards the edge of the fairgrounds and turned back to the building. It was covered in fire now, there was no way to make it die down without a firetruck. I saw a few people begin to show up. Their attire was... strange to say the least. Their choices of clothing didn't strike me as firefighters, or workers of that nature, they all wore some kind of unique battle outfits. The final kicker was that they were all so young looking. They couldn't have been any older than sixteen or seventeen. Why in the world were children in combat outfits at the scene of a burning building. I quickly backed further into the tree line, trying my best to not be seen. I was pretty well hidden in the shadows of the tree line, but i wasn't going to take any chances. I stared back at the group as they were looking around the building. i felt a small tug on my leg, and looked down and saw...
"E-...Evan.?" 
I stared in shock? fear? regret? I don't know i felt a whole flurry of emotions hit me in that moment. I slowly bent down to my knees. and stared at him, he looked up at me, smiled, and wrapped his arms around my arm and hugged it tightly. I opened my arm and pulled him into a proper hug.
"I'm so sorry Evan." was all I could mutter out while hugging him. 
After a short while Evan and I separated. I then remembered something and started reaching through the tears in the suits toro looking for it, but I couldn't find it. i then noticed it was already in Evans hands.
"It fell out of the suit during the truck ride here." I heard Charlie answer my internal question. I nodded before turning back to the burning building only to have a bullet whiz past my head, smashing into the tree behind me. I focused my vision towards where the bullet had come from and saw that one of the four young ones had what looked like some kind of strange gun in her hands that had a red and black color scheme to it. I tilted my head as, suddenly, a flashlight was shone in my direction, and i was revealed to the group. One of them shrieked in fear, the others looked on, horrified at my appearance. I stood for a moment and stared at them for a few minutes. Then, I stood straighter and slowly backed further into the darkness of the forest before spinning on my heel and sprinting deeper into the darkness.
I ran as fast and as quietly as i could as the suits endoskeleton was quite loud and creaky. I sped through the trees using some of them as swinging leverage to help me change directions faster. I kept taking twists and turns. I sped up, pushing the suit to its absolute limit at movement. I finally stopped running after about fifteen minutes or so, feeling quite sure i had lost the group. I looked around and made sure i was in the clear. But the second i relaxed, I felt a heavy blow to the left side of my face. I stumbled back and tried to regain my footing. I looked up at what hit me and saw a woman with white hair with a horrified look on her face. She had some kind of sword and it had blood dripping off it. I reach up to the left side of my mask wipe my hand across it. I looked and saw blood on my glove. Then before I could form a response or reaction. I saw Evan form into a ghostly form of Fredbear and lunge at the woman with a scream. She falls backwards in shock. I walk over and clock her across the face to knock her out. She falls unconscious instantly and I turn and run further into the forest. But my escape doesn't last as I'm suddenly struck in the side of the head, and everything goes dark.

Twenty-four hours later.