Breakfast Surprise

NOAH POV

I've been in this hospital all my life, it's been my home and I love it here. The workers are amazing and i love my friend Lin. I love everything about this place. I had my daily morning checkup and now it was time for breakfast, of course we have to wear a mask when we go anywhere outside of our room but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I got myself ready, put my mask on and headed downstairs. I knocked on Lin's door.  "Come on lin breakfast!" and out he came on his skateboard. We headed to the dining area and got seated.
"Noah, I heard there's someone new coming, someone like us." Lin says while stuffing his face. I grew a confused look, "What do you mean? someone with CF?" I replied, he nodded. The day went by pretty quickly, the same as everyday, breakfast, shots, hangout, more shots, then treatments, then babies. I love going up to see the babies. I headed back to the elevator and went back up to my room. when the doors opened I saw a group of people down the hall. I was confused and wanted to see what was going on. I walked closer to them and hid behind the pole. "He's going to love it here, we have plenty of people you can talk to, just remember you cant get too close to them, you may have the same thing as they do, but yours is severe, you-" he cut off the nurse, " I get it, I know i'm contagious." he shot back at the nurse, he glanced in my direction and grew a confused look, I stumbled and turned around and went back down to the nursery.

I got lost in my thoughts and didn't hear someone come into the waiting room. I looked over and it was the guy from before, he was so rude to the nurses. I already can't stand him. and how did he even find me, and why did he find me? I was brought out of my thoughts when he spoke. "Beautiful creatures aren't they?" I finally grew the courage to look over at him, he was a lot taller than me. He had light curly brown hair, bluish grey eyes, and a light beard. and he had an earring in. He was wearing a suit, why was he wearing a suit. His hands were in his pockets and he was starting through the glass at the babies.

He turned his head back at me and continued, "Ben

He turned his head back at me and continued, "Ben." he quickly said. I grew a confused look and I guess he noticed and started again, "My name. It's Ben." he repeated, I made an 'oh' face and turned back at the glass, a few seconds later he spoke once more, "This is the part where you tell me your name". I sighed and kept straight. "I don't have to if I don't want too, Ben" I spit back at him, I could tell he was staring at me, the smile lines around his eyes faded and he looked down at his feet. I glanced at him and rolled my eyes and started, "Noah". He looked back up at me and there the smile lines appeared where they once were. All of a sudden someone came barging into the room. it was barb, my favorite nurse, she  was so chill and kind to everyone, but she seemed angry this time, "Mr. platt what did we just discuss with you?! out! now!". Ben huffed and followed out the door along with Barb. "I wasn't even that close to him." he said as his voice grew more faint the farther he walked, I was left alone once again.