Decision Made

(A/n: Watch the Raschloe shippers somehow find a way to call this "cOuPlE gOaLs" 😍

Also I hate Raschloe did I mention that)

'How am I supposed to study at a time like this?'

Chloe squinted at the book in front of her, unable to focus on a single word.

She had been rereading the same page, over and over again, yet she could not recall anything that had happened.

Her thoughts seemed echo much louder, however. And, therefore, she simply could not focus.

'My grades are going to suffer for this,' She thought bitterly. 'But I can't help that.'

Chloe was very unhappy with the way the school had been handling this whole situation, to put it lightly.

Poor Emily was traumatized, having to live with the horror of walking in on the aftermath of a bloody massacre, and even being blamed for said massacre.

And yet, she was still expected to continue her studies.

'She's being forced to act like nothing had happened at all...'

She clenched her fists.

'What kind of greedy, self-centered, insensitive monsters would force that burden upon a young girl who's seen what she has?'

It made her feel positively sick to her stomach.

Looking out the school window, she had soon neglected her entire reading session. Not that it mattered to her in the slightest.

Poor Emily had seen so much. Too much.

All of her childlike innocence that she had somehow retained into early teenhood was gone, and her joy along with it.

'Here I am, with the nerve to feel sorry for myself because I didn't get the chance to say goodbye...'

'...when that sweet, sweet angel had to witness something so barbaric.'

Tears began to well up in Chloe's eyes, and she sniffled, wiping them away.

Why did something so terrible have to happen to such a humble, caring, down-to-earth person like April? She did nothing to deserve it.

She could have had such a bright future ahead of her. Someday, she could have had a successful career, gotten married, or perhaps even had children of her own.

But now, that could never be.

Now, she was gone.

And with her death, so were all of the possibilities. The potential happy endings.

April Midorikawa was no longer living on this earth, with all of the people that loved her, and depended on her.

But she was not the only one who was gone.