Chapter Nine

Dedicated to EkehAnita

Some eyes could touch better than hands ever could.

-Unknown.

"Zarah be careful oh, with the way you're going you would soon fall" Adaora called out to .Zarah warningly from behind.

"Nah I won't, Don't be praying bad prayer for me abeg!" Zarah narrowed her eyes playfully at Adaora before skipping down the stairs happily like a five year old who just had just been handed a cotton candy.

The reason for her excitement was because of the free period they had and that Adaora had offered to take her in guitar lessons. She had always wanted to play the guitar and was hyper at the possibility of playing one.

"Ow!" She yelled, her facial expressions contorting into one that portrayed pain. She slumped on her knees as she missed a step and twisted her ankle.

Adaora rushed over with a triumphant look fighting to take over the sympathetic look on her face. She tried hard to suppress her grin and the urge to sing Zarah her a version of I told you so.

Crouching to her height, Adaora asked her if she was okay.

"Do I look like I'm okay?" She gave her a dirty look, a frown etched across her face.

"Sorry" Adaora replied with a grin.

"You  can go ahead and say it!" She grumbled, scrunching up her face in a way Adaora thought was cute.

"What?" Adaora asked, her grin still splashed across her face. She knew all too well what Zarah was talking about but she wanted her to spell it out.

"I know you want to say you warned me right? Well go ahead. After all you warned me" She forced out grumpily.

Adaora laughed and offered her a hand "No need to tell you since you already know then! You can stand can't you?"

Zarah glared at her hand before taking it "Of course I can... OUCH!" She winced, transferring her weight unto her left leg.

Adaora's brow crinkled in concern "Is it too bad?"

She nodded in the affirmative biting her lower lip, it had hurt way more than she expected.

"Let's go to the school clinic then, I'm sorry we would have to postpone our trip to the music lab"

Zarah made to protest but paused midway when a sudden sharp pain coursed through her veins, for a minute she had forgotten her sprained ankle.

Slumping her shoulders in defeat, she allowed Adaora to lead her gently to the school clinic.

Nice way to spend a free period!

She though sarcastically, pursuing her lips grimly

"The nurse isn't in, gimme a minute lemme fetch the health prefect" With that, Adaora disappeared in search of the said prefect.

Zarah busied her self with staring around the room with awe. The school never seized to amaze her, she didn't think she'd been to half of the school building's yet. She only knew her classroom and those on her block, the cafeteria, the staffroom, the office of the principal and vice principal and now the clinic.

She was about to visit the music lab before the unfortunate accident. She pouted and made q mental note of where she'd like to visit next.

She'd like to visit the library, the physics laboratory, chemistry laboratory, Computer laboratory, Agric lab and the Biology lab especially. Biology fascinated her and she had developed a keen interest in the subject the moment she first took it in SS1.