ꜱɪxᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

byeol's foot tapped in anticipation as she sat on the couch, the boys' amused eyes watching her.

"why you so nervous, byeol? it's like you're meeting him for the first time," jake said, only to have a pillow thrown at him. thanks, to his reflexes, however, he'd caught it in time.

byeol snickered, "be quiet, oppa.. i'm just nervous,"

"awe~ is our byeolie in love with our ni-ki~" heeseung jokingly asked, his face falling when his eyes met byeol's still nervous ones.
"oh em gee. our byeolie is in love with our ni-ki."

the girl whined, covering her face with her hands as she noticed the other boys approaching her.
"you're in love with him?!" sunoo exclaimed, a pillow hitting him in the face.
"not too loud.. don't wanna speak it into the universe." she said, the boys holding back their laughter upon seeing the kim boy's face.

"the universe spoke those words a long time ago, byeolie," the eldest said, byeol sighing. "i know,"

"well.. why do you sound so sad about it? isn't this a good thing?" jungwon asked, opening a water bottle.

she sighed again, "yes.. no.. i don't know!" she went silent for a moment, teeth gripping her bottom lip, "it's a step for me, but i doubt it'll do anything for our.. whatever we have going on,"

the boys looked at her with slightly saddened eyes, realizing just how confused the girl was.

"well.. if it makes you feel any better, everyone ships you two," jay said, the girl giggling.
"yeah, i've seen the posts,"

their attentions were taken by the sound of a car pulling in, byeol letting out a somewhat shaky breath as she saw the headlights slowly leave once again, hearing footsteps quickly approaching the door.

though they all felt the urge to spill the news their maknae had told them last week, over the phone, of course, they knew they'd be dead if word got around to the subject of the conversation. even if ni-ki'd sworn it was the virus speaking nonsense, they knew he'd never spoken truer words.

he finally admitted he'd fallen in love with byeol.

and hard.

────── 〔✿〕──────
+ HAOGALORE.
a/n! about time

+ celebration post for
100k reads!!! ㅠㅠㅠ
i don't deserve u guys at all.
thank u for the endless love for
byeol & this story as a whole!!!
forever grateful. <3