TWO ✮ CITY OF CANALS

[VENICE, ITALY]

-  Y/N -

。・:*:・:*:・ ☆ ・:*:・:*:・。 

BOH, the perfect word to describe doubts and uncertainty.

With the help of the local Italians here, I knew the perfect word to say when I was unsure. The locals tend to use 'Boh' for a million things such as 'I don't know' or 'I'm not too sure.' I am unsure about many things, always having full-on debates in my mind before making a decision. So the word 'Boh' is perfect to describe my current state.

Right now, I am in the middle of Piazza San Marco with a ton of pigeons all around me, with Ed taking photos of me.

"Are you sure a picture of me with a bunch of pigeons would be helpful for your portfolio?" I chuckled nervously, slightly squinting as a pigeon sat right on my shoulder, so I was afraid that it might peck my eye.

"Yep!" Ed replied, taking more shots, "It will boost my application."

"Great," I said, with uncertainty, Boh.

After taking photos and exploring near the Piazza San Marco, I decided to use the rest of the spare time to part ways from MJ and Ed to take a little stroll along San Marco Basin, the waterfront. Today's weather was wonderful and optimum; the view was breathtaking. The sunlight was reflected off the serene waters, with backgrounds filled with colorful buildings. The sounds of the waters crashing into the piers, the boat motors, and the astonishments from the tourists all perfectly contrasted well with each other.

I saw how beautifully the Rialto Bridge was sculptured, how it just spread its angelic wings across the basin, allowing everyone to get across from one place to another and embrace the view.

I took a seat on the nearest bench, breathing the air in and out, embracing the amazing atmosphere I was in. I felt very free and was the most relaxed I have been for the first time in a while. Although I had a great time getting to know Ed throughout the plane ride, having time alone was also needed.

I sat there at the bench for a few more moments, observing my surroundings, also taking pictures here and there before deciding to get up and head back towards the square where we were supposed to meet in a few minutes. As I was on my way, I happened to see Peter, holding a small golden bag and looking very pleased with himself.

"Hey, Peter." I grinned, approaching him. He immediately put the bag behind him as if I didn't see it.

"Oh- hey, Y/N." Peter replied, giving me a nervous smile, "What are you doing here?"

"Just exploring the waterfront a bit."

"Cool- cool." He nodded, still holding his bag behind his back, "Are you on your way back?"

"Yep," I answered, as we walked along the direction to the square, "So what have you been up to?"

"Uh- nothing much, just exploring the place."

"Nice," I replied, nodding in agreement, "You've been to the waterfront near the Rialto Bridge, right? It's breathtaking. Thank goodness the weather was helpful to us today."

"Yeah, I saw - it looked amazing."

We were close to Piazza San Marco when a man holding a bunch of roses suddenly approached us. He looked at Peter, "Hey, German? American?"

He looked at me, and held out a rose, "A rose for you."

I smiled to acknowledge his kind offer but put out my hand to reject, "No, thank you, it's alright."