Chapter One

Dolly's POV:

I move my legs quickly up the ascending stairwell to my college dorm room I was assigned to, huffing out a breath of frustration. My heavy packed suitcases were dragging my arms down, I actually think my arms might fall off soon. My legs slightly ache when I finally make it to the top of my floor level.

I looked down at the tiny slip card that held the information to my dorm room on it. Room 234.
My fingers found their way to my wrist, slowly picking at the hair tie that is situated on top.

I follow the numbers along the doors until I reach mine. My hands shake as I hold my room key to the hole of the doorknob. I start to overthink.

"What if my roommate doesn't like me ? What if I come off as weird ? Maybe I am weird..."

I inhale a deep breath, preparing myself. I enter the key inside the doorknob, slowly turning it. I hear a small click, I hesitantly push the door open.

I walk inside fully, taking in my surroundings, my roommate hasn't arrived yet. I softly smile as I looked around more. It was more than I expected, it was much bigger than my room back home. A small shiver casted over my body at the thought of my home. Shaking my head slightly, I walked towards a bed along one side of the dorm room. I start to unpack all my items.

After one hour of unpacking and decorating my side of the room, I felt very proud of myself, honestly I could be a interior designer.

I looked down at the last item in my suitcase. My stuffed animal, it's a small white bunny named Lola. I adore her with my whole heart because she is so freaking cute.

I debated if I should put her on my bed, I don't think it would hurt anything. I carefully place Lola in front of my pillows. A small yawn left my mouth, I rubbed my eyes. I didn't realize how tiring all this could be.

I move my covers, slipping into the warm blankets. I held Lola securely in my arms, pushing the side of my face onto the soft pillow beneath me, I closed my eyes. Drifting into a deep dreamland, missing the soft creak of the door opening. Alerting that someone has entered.