Chapter Eleven

Dolly's POV:

I slowly move my body closer to the mysterious warmth, hugging my cheek deeper against an strangely hard pillow?

I peaked my eye open slightly, stilling when I saw the so called mysterious warmth. It's Dorian!

I could feel a fierce heat enflaming my cheeks. We're cuddling! I look at Dorian, admiring his sleeping face. He looks so peaceful.

Every inch of his face looks beautifully sculpted.

No wanting to interrupt his sleep, I slowly remove my arms from around his torso. A small scream left my mouth at the sound of an alarm going off.

I started to get off of Dorian's chest when he started waking up. I froze on my spot when I saw he was looking at me.

I moved as quickly as I could, jumping to get out of the bed.  I really shouldn't have tried to jump out of the covers.

My foot got caught in the blankets causing me to fall off the bed slightly. I was hanging there upside down, I really regret my life decisions.

My blush deepens when I hear laughter coming from the other side of the bed.

"Dory! Stop laughing a-and help me." I whined loudly. I heard him shuffle a few times before I felt a pair of hands lifting my ankles out of the blankets.

Right after Dorian lifted my ankles out of the blankets, he let go. Which resulted in me body
slamming into the floor.

A instant groan of pain left me as I rubbed the shoulder I fell on. I can't believe he did that. He didn't even try to catch me.

I stood up facing Dorian. He was doubled over in laughter, I'm glad he is getting a good laugh out of this because I sure didn't.

"You are a b-big bully." I pointed my finger at him, slightly judging his morals. I huffed out a big breath before turning to leave.

I quickly walked out still hearing laughter coming from behind. I kept walking down the long hall of Dorian's apartment. One of the doors that were closed yesterday had a small crack in it.

Curiosity got the better of me. I carefully pushed the door open. My eyes widen at the sight in front of me.

Stacks upon stacks. Books lined the walls of room. I let out a small squeal at the sight of so many books.

I loved books especially the classics and romance novels. I walked farther into the room, looking at all of the books.

A tiny book shelf tucked away in a small corner caught my attention. I quickly walked over,
getting a better look.

My jaw almost hit the floor at the sight of the books.

A small blush crept up onto my cheeks and ears, tinting them a dark red. He reads romance ? Not only romance but erotic romance novels !

I mean I do too but Dorian doesn't seem like the type to read these books. I slowly leaned down examining all the books on the shelf.

I see a lot of familiar covers of books that I've read already. My eyes widen as I read the spine of the books.

The Dare by Harley Laroux was the first book situated on the shelf followed by the books in The Devil's Night Series, Games We Play by Dana Isaly.

I blushed as I continue to look at the books. I must admit he has great taste in books maybe he could recommend me some.

I continue to look at the books until I heard footsteps behind me. I scrambled to my feet, turning to leave but I bumped into Dorian instead.

I quickly backed away, a little embarrassed that he caught me looking through his books.