Chapter Two

Dolly's POV:

I wake up slowly, letting out a tiny yawn. Although having a small nap, I'm still a little tired. Becoming more aware of my surroundings I hear soft rustling nosies from across the room I sit up fully, tightly grasping Lola to me. My eyes locked onto the culprit who's making the sounds.

It was a girl? Who seemingly looks around my age. "Oh my gosh ! That is my room mate."  My eyes widen at the realization. I'm going to look so childish holding a stuffed bunny. I was going to hide Lola underneath my pillow however the girl from across the room turned around. She stared straight at me, a bright smile on her face.

I looked at the floor like it was the most beautiful thing ever.  I didn't want to look up, she saw me holding Lola. She probably thinks I'm childish. Before my thoughts could get the best of me. The girl introduced herself.

"Oh my god! Hi, gorgeous ! I'm Zara Alder, your roommate."  

I felt a blush crept up my neck and onto my cheeks. She called me gorgeous, giving me the extra confidence I turn my head towards her. My lips slowly turn into an small smile.

" Um, H-hi, my name is Dolly Woods." I sheepishly smiled up at her, silently cursing my stuttering. Sometimes I wish I could actual converse like a normal person.

Zara and I talked for two hours, learning new things about each other ; our likes, dislikes, hobbies, favorite artists. I finally think I made a best friend, I never had one before. I hope she considers me a best friend. 

"Are we best friends now ?" I curiously asked, trying to not give away the sadness lacing my tone. Zara turned to me, shaking her head slightly. 

"Girl, Are you kidding me  ? Is that even a question? Of course we are." A small giggle found it's way out of my throat, clasping my hand over my mouth. I tried not to laugh but I couldn't help it. One look from Zara and we both doubled over laughing for no reason.

A light ringing interrupted our laughing. I turn my head towards the sound. It was coming from Zara's phone. I gave a confused look to Zara, she simply shrugged her shoulders, putting up her pointer finger signaling for me to wait. 

While she was talking on the phone, I overheard her mentioning my name a couple times, glancing at me. I wonder what she could be talking about and who she is talking to. I patiently waited for her to finish her phone call, softly picking at the bedding of my nail.

I heard footsteps coming closer to where I was sitting at. I looked up, Zara smiled down at me. She offered me a hand and pulled me up.

"Okay, so new plans. We are going out to eat. My brother and his friend wanted me to go out with them but I told them I will come as long as you go." 

My fingers started picking at my nails again. I don't know what to do. I always have a hard time going out due to anxiety but Zara looks too happy, I can't ruin it for her. 

"Sure, y-yeah I can come..." I softly mumbled. I'm scared to go, I can't even order my own food without having an anxiety attack. Okay, maybe I need to look at this in a positive perspective. I can make more friends.

"Okay, this will be so fun. Don't worry, but beware my brother can be intense sometimes, however don't let him scare you. He really is just a big softie." 

What did she mean by that ? Is he mean? I can't handle mean people. I give her a small smile, trying to reassure myself that everything will be okay.

Zara and I spent the next 40 minutes getting ready. I threw on a oversized black sweater that had cute little flowers stitch in, baggy mom jeans, and my old doc martens. I felt pretty, I hope I looked it though.

Zara was finishing up her eyeliner, when a loud knock echoed out into our dorm. Zara told me to open the door, saying it was them. I looked at her like she was crazy but complied anyways.

I made my way to the door, my hands lightly shaking. My breathing picked up a beat, I think I'm going to have a heart attack.  Wrapping my fingers around the doorknob, I slowly pulled the door open.