The Cat In The Ring

Marinette was currently in her closet, looking at outfits nervously. Nathan was giving her a flat look while leaning on the door frame.

Marinette was in a set of pink pajamas with white stars. Her hair was down to show it was a little past her shoulders.

Nathan was wearing a dark blue short-sleeve, grey jeans, and his usual shoes. Over his shirt was the jacket he wore to Marinette's party.

"Does this one look good? I need a good outfit for my first day of school in a new city." Marinette tells Nathan.

"Marinette, you've made a lot of these clothes. I'm pretty sure that's going to impress anyone no matter what you wear." Nathan calmly tells her.

"How can you be sure? I doubt people are just going to believe I made my clothes. That sounds crazy, you know." Marinette tells him with a glare.

"You're overreacting. You showed me your sketchbook and the designs in it. I doubt people won't believe you once you display that." Nathan calmly says back.

"Maybe it's not too late to ask mama and Tom if I can do classes online." Marinette mutters to herself.

"No, no, no, that ship has sailed. You know it, and I know it." Nathan answers her.

"I know, I'm just freaking out; to them, I'm probably this girl that got lucky and is the child of the woman who married the mayor. I get to live in this extravagant hotel for free and will get everything handed to me." Marinette explains to him.

"Okay, I will not lie to you and say that isn't what a few to most of them will believe. It's public knowledge that your mom and uncle Tom are married. I'm sure there will still be plenty of people that'll be nice to you, especially when they get to know you." Nathan tried to calm Marinette down.

"Do you really think so?" Marinette asks.

"Yeah, I know about an art club at school you can probably join. So, I'm sure you can make friends with the other creative kids." Nathan calmly explains.

Marinette takes a deep breath before nodding.

"Okay then, I'll trust you on this. Now get out. I need to change." Marinette tells him.

Nathan gets off the door frame and closes the door.

"Okay, Marinette, it's your first day of school. Nathan is going to be with you through it, though. You just need to pick some clothes for the day." Marinette told herself.

Marinette grabs a white short-sleeve shirt with a sakura branch on the right side. She then gets a pair of red pants and her pink flats. Once she puts them on, she looks at herself in the mirror.

"I think a jacket would complete this look." She told herself.

She looked in her closet for a jacket until she spotted one she liked. It was a black leather hoodie.

"Oh, this will work." Marinette smiles.

She grabs and puts the jacket on. She then heads to exit her closet. She never notices the ladybug-themed earrings fly into her jacket pocket.

When Marinette left her closet, she saw Nathan messing with his phone while on her bed. Next to him was a pink backpack and a grey backpack.

 When Nathan saw what Marinette was wearing, he blinked.

"Huh, that's a cool outfit. Did you make the jacket?" Nathan asks.

"No, this was a gift from one of my family." Marinette explains.

"Alright then, you ready for school now? Or do you want me to wait for you to psyche yourself up more?" Nathan asks with a raised eyebrow.

"No, I'm good. I'm ready for school now." Marinette tells him.