fifty-seven.

Luke and I look to one another in terror.

    In fact, I practically shoot up from my bed, throwing on my tshirt as I gesture for him to hide somewhere. I can't exactly tell Declan he can't come in but there really aren't many places to hide in here.

    Luke gets the hint, immediately lunging towards the ground in order to hide under my bed as I panic completely, trying to fix my hair as I can't believe this is happening right now. I'm still recovering from what took place between Luke and I and now I have to somehow convince Declan that I'm acting normal right now?

    "Uh, one second!" I call out, running in front of my mirror to eye myself.

    I know I look like a mess and I'm well aware it's not just from training today. My cheeks are flushed and I still have a lust-filled look in my eyes as Luke had brought me to the greatest high of my life only a minute ago.

    "Sorry, I know it's late but I've been looking for him everywhere..." Declan continues to talk from the other side of the door. "I even checked with everyone else and no one has heard from him."

    Fucking hell.

    Rushing towards the door, I grab onto the door handle and tug it open, as I catch sight of Declan who looks to me with a shocked expression. I don't doubt that I look frantic and like a mad woman as I'm terrified of him having any idea of what was happening before he got here. If we lasted a minute longer, would he have heard me?

    "You good?" he immediately asks, seeming well aware of the demeanor of mine that probably looks terrified and crazed all at once.

    "Yeah!" I say a little too quickly. "All good. I haven't seen Lieutenant Hemmings, maybe try his room."

    And with that, I attempt to shut the door on him but he prevents me from doing so as he stops my movements and lets out a chuckle due to my attempt.

    "Trying to get rid of me so quickly? What gives?" he asks, stepping into my room as I inwardly scream of horror.

    Please don't sit on my bed. God, you'd be mortified if you knew what just took place on it.

    Unfortunately, he does just that.

    "Sick of me already?" he chuckles, sitting on the side of the bed as I try to rid myself of the visual of Luke towering over me and consuming me completely as I was nothing but jello in his hands for the entirety of it.

    "No, I just- I'm tired," I say, knowing that I'm probably doing a terrible job at convincing him that everything is normal. "Why are you looking for Lieutenant Hemmings?"

    "Just want to go over some things," is all he says, it seeming to not be that important as his eyes dance around the room, taking in his surroundings. "This is a nice little hookup you've got in here."

    He's really trying to make conversation right now, isn't he?

    "Yeah, I got really lucky," I say, clearing my throat as I feel nothing but anxiety pulsing through me. The thought of Declan seeing Luke right now is the most terrifying thing I could ever imagine.

    "I mean, I'm sure you know I understand why..." Declan says, clearly intending on delving into a subject that's nowhere near a good idea to jump into right now. Not when Luke is quite literally hiding under my bed. "Luke told me everything."

    I let out a sigh, trying to think of an appropriate way of dismissing the conversation. I know Declan is going to want to talk to me about it but right now really isn't the time. I just don't know how to tell him this.