Chapter 8: Jailhouse block(part 2)

The group together moved down the hallway that would lead to the so called zombie mines. Jess luckily was able to come with them. On their way, they heard loud alarms suddenly starting to ring. They looked at each other in concern, however, Maddie knew exactly what's going on.

"All guests, please report to the nearest lounge!", they heard a guard shout at a far distance.

"Think that's the cute way of saying 'cell'", Jack scoffed.

"Yup. You should get in one too. You haven't had your Protocol X training yet.", a guard who was escorting them stated. "Perhaps even keep an eye on them while you're at it so they won't cause any trouble."

Jess nodded as they were brought to an open cell in a nearby room. Once the door was closed, Nikki couldn't help but to scoff and roll her eyes.

"This place just keeps getting weirder and weirder. 'Prisoner X?'", she said in disbelief.

"Know anything about this Maddie?", Jesse perked a brow.

"Long story short, she's an infamous escape artist.", Maddie informed them. "Rumor has it, she even knows her way through the maze. Most people never even seen her, they keep her locked up so deep. But everyone's heard of her."

"And man do they talk about her..", Jack added. "I've heard many of the other inmates talking about her."

"Prisoner X? Geez..", Nikki muttered.

"That sounds like a person we should get on our side.", Jesse speculated.

"Agreed. Someone with that kind of knowledge could be very useful.", Jess agreed.

"Maybe she could tell me more about this.. thing the Admin did to me..", Nikki growled lowly. She felt nervous about its effects. She could already easily kill someone. She didn't wanted it to hurt her friends, or even worse, her siblings.

"And about my Structure Block. Where IS she exactly?", Jess asked. "Maddie?"

"She's apparently locked up in the deepest, darkest level in this shithole, Cell Block X.", Maddie replied.

"Detecting a theme with the names.", Jesse shrugged.

"Yeah, they found their groove and now they're sticking with it.", Jack added.

"We need to get to Cell Block X..", Jess muttered.

"You sure sis? I mean, you could easily gather information but I don't know about the rest of us..", Nikki feared.

"That Warden seems to have taken a shine to you. Might not be a bad idea to work your way up. Get on his good side.", Jack suggested.

"Could be useful. Or.. a disaster. But hey, only one way to find out, right?", Maddie commented. "Y'all should hurry up making a plan. The Zombie Mines are pretty packed with zombies."

"Gross. I don't wanna work for that guy. He's a weirdo", Jess cringed.

"Yeah, can't blame you.", Nikki shrugged. "Okay, here's a plan. Once we get to the Zombie Mines, we'll find a way to get us to Cellblock X."

"I could easily gather information about her. I mean, while you guys deal with those zombies, I could get what I can from the other Associates.", Jess decided.

"Be careful, sis. Try not to make it obvious, okay?", Jesse said. "I don't want anyone trying to get on our tail."

"Sounds good. While you do that, I'm going to study this place.", Jack said, going near the cell bars and taking a peek on the other side. "Before we're through, I'll know it like the back of my head."