Chapter 6: Fallen Grace

(Mephisto's p.o.v)

Shopping isn't as much fun when you’re stuck in dog form, sitting in the child seat of the trolley. I did get a good view though. I watched as my fallen Angel looks through the different meat products.

"I could make a pasta dish, it is messy to eat those though I can picture the chaos" she mumbles under her breath as she picks up the minced beef. I blinked seeing her look sad all of a sudden. "Maybe I could make chicken soup?"

Watching her shop was an interesting thing to say the least, she acted as if she'd forgotten I was watching, maybe that the dog in her trolley wasn't me all together. She seemed as if she's is in her own little world as she reads the labels on different noodles or looking at the sweeter items. I've watched her for 17 years, through her dreams I've found out small things from her day to day life however this is different. I've never seen her shop, so calmly before. What else did I miss because I only watched her through dreams?

As we left the shop I kept alongside her as she walked, carrying the shopping in its paper bag. She hummed and I looked around, wondering if it would be clear for me to change and carry the shopping for her.

"I forgot it's Tuesday" I look back at her seeing her look at a billboard showing today's date and time. "It's so strange, not having to work at the comic book store." I watch as she closes her eyes. "I miss Kai" I froze, Kai? Who is Kai! She's never bought up a boy before.

"Who is Kai?" I hopped up on the park bench beside her, not that she looked at me. I huffed, my tail hanging slightly, she looks liked she's forgotten I'm even here.

"He is my guardian, back home, has been since my parents went missing." Her parents? Could that be why the glass room went dark for a while? "He always made sure I did my chores, bribing me with the new Blue exorcist whenever it came out and stuff. I worked at the comic book store he owns. He had been a friend of mine when he was still in school. He protected me when I was bullied, then he took me in when I lost everything. I hope he's doing okay. I wish I could send him a sign I'm okay" I hung my head. I have been so happy I finally have her in my life, I forgot of everything she left behind. I don't regret taking her, however I do feel sad because she misses her old life.

"We could send him a letter or call him." She smiled as I spoke. I blinked and she shook her head, sitting beside me on the bench she hugged the shopping.

"It wouldn't do any good, Mephisto you said you've watched me my whole life"

"I have but you know that"

"So do you know where I come from?" I blinked, she's Welsh but grew up in England I knew that. How could I not.

"You was born in Wales, however you family moved to England soon after your birth" she smiled weakly.

"You’re still missing the point, never mind. Let's get this stuff home. I'm making chicken soup! After for afters we got chocolate cheese cake how does that sound" I blinked, understand she didn't want to dwell on what we had been talking about.