XIII: Long Distance // Bruno Mars

I get home after the "party" and I collapse on my bed, drowning in my own thoughts.

How could she do this to me? Haven't she heard of long-distance relationships?

I feel angry. Well, at least i want to but I'm not. I'm sad.

I keep thinking and without knowing, i drift to sleep.

---

I wake up as my phone vibrates indicating i received a text message. It's from Rowan. I open it and read it.

' You still got a chance, Brads. Catch her before she leaves. Her flight is at 11 am. I believe in your relationship.' It read and as soon as i finished reading the text, i bolt up and shower quickly.

I race downstairs and leave immediately for the airport. I don't even know what to say but it doesn't matter. I need to see her.

I arrive at the airport ten minutes before her departure time. I tried calling her but she already cut her phone. I have no choice but to look for her.

I kept looking for her and i was on the verge of giving up but then, i spot her by the vending machine. I run towards her.

She looked very different. Her eyes were sad and red as if she's been crying all night, her skin is pale and she looks tired.

"Carpenter." I say and she's startled.

She slowly turns around to face me and i can feel my sweaty palms getting even more sweaty.

"What are you doing here?" She asks.

"Rowan told me." I answer and she looks down on the ground.

"You didn't tell me you were leaving this soon." I say.

"There's no point anyway. It'd turn out the same, we'd still be apart." She answers.

"We don't have to break up." I say just loud enough for her to hear.

We fell silent and as if on cue, a flight stewardess announces that her flight will leave in 5 minutes and that they had to board the plane.

"I have to go." She says, not looking at me.

She walks away but she turns around and hugs me.

I hugged her right back. We hugged each other so tight it was like i couldn't let go.

"I never meant to hurt you." She whispers in my ear, still hugging me.

"I'm doing this not because i never loved you but it's because i do. I love you a lot, Perry." She sniffs and she slowly releases from the hug.

She's crying and i find myself crying too.

"Goodbye, Perry." She says.

I look up to her and take a deep breath.

"Goodbye, Carpenter." I reply and she walks away.

"Carpenter!" I call out and she looks back.

"We'll find a way to each other!" I say and a small smile finally appears on her face.

"How sure are you?" She asks.

"I just know it. I know we will." I say and she smiles widely and walks away.

I watch her getting further. The distance between us increasing and it will just keep on increasing.

But if we really love each other, then we'll get back somehow, someday.
--------------------

× omg guys i can't im sorry. This is really short and im sorry! As you can see, this will be ending SOON.... the next chapter will probably be the last and im sorry for the short notice. I hate to depart with y'all but dont worry cause i have a new fanfic coming!(i think) THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH :-)) ×