I: I Would Do Anything for You \\ Foster The People

It's already Wednesday. Sabrina and I will be working on our poem today. I'm kinda excited yet nervous. I don't know why but I am.

The bell rang signaling that last period is over.

"Hey, Bradley. Wanna come over my house today? Spencer and Jake is going." Peyton says.

"I can't. I have a project to do but maybe I'll just catch up with you guys." I say.

"Okay, see you later, bro." He says and leaves.

I go to Sabrina's locker, hoping that she's there and luckily, she was.

"Hey, Sabrina." I said.

"Bradley, hey, we're doing the project today, right?"

"Yeah."

"Hold on. I'll just get my stuff." She says and I nod.

She closed her locker and we went outside.

"Are we doing it at your house?" I ask.

"Ummm maybe we can do it at your house or in a cafe?" She says.

"We can do it at my house." I say.

--------

SABRINA'S POV (are you excited?)

We reach Bradley's house. More like mansion. His house is huge. Definitely better than our cave.

We enter his house and a woman appeared. I didn't know his mother was here.

"Hey, sweetie." His mother greeted him.

"Hey, mom. By the way, this is Sabrina. We're gonna work on a project." I say.

"Hello, Sabrina. It's nice to meet you. I'm Kate." His mom says.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mrs. Perry." I say and she hugged me. I could see Bradley holding his laughter.

"Okay, just tell me if you need anything. And Sabrina, are you gonna have dinner with us?" Kate asks.

"I don't think so, Mrs. Perry." I answer.

BRADLEY'S POV

"Are you sure? We'd love to have dinner with you." My mom says.

"Maybe next time, Mrs. Perry." She answers. So there's a next time.

My mom nods and we both head to my room.

"So, any poems you want to present?" I ask.

"What about "The road not taken"?" She says.

"I have a feeling everyone's doing that." I say and she laughs.

"True."

"Here, I found a list." I said as I showed her the list on my laptop. Thank God for google.

"I don't know some of these poems." She says.

"I don't know any at all." I say.

"Except for Having a Coke With You." I add.

"Frank O'Hara's good but I haven't read that poem though." She says as she checks her phone. She has a flip phone filled with those gem sticker things. She's so cute.

"Bradley, I have to go but can you give me a copy of that poem? We can practice it tomorrow." She says.

"Sure. I'll print us a copy." I say. I gave her a printed copy of the poem and we went downstairs.

"Mom, Sabrina's gonna go. I'm gonna drive her." I say.

"Perry, you don't have to." She says.

"Carpenter, it's okay. I'm going to Jake's anyway."

------

We're in my car and she was reading the poem.

"This is a very.... nice poem." She says.

"Is to cheesy for you?" I ask.

"No. It's quite romantic. Lovely poem. But don't you think it's too romantic for a project to be read in class?" She says.

"It's just reading. And no one will listen anyway." I say. I actually love this poem. I saw it in Beastly and the girls loved it. I guess this is my way of trying to impress Sabrina.

"Right."

The rest of the ride was silent. We got to her house. She had a lovely house. It's like one of those houses you see on television. Not too big and not too small.

"Thanks for the ride." She said.

"No problem."

She got out and waved goodbye as I drove away.

---------

SABRINA'S POV

"Mom, I'm home." I say as I enter my house.

"Kitchen, honey."

I went to the kitchen and she was preparing food.

"You're just in time for dinner." She says.

We sat and ate our dinner in peace.

"So, why did you ask me to come home right away?" I ask.

"Something came in the mail today." She says and that got me confused.

"They accepted me!" She rejoices.

"You're joking, right? Don't lie to me!" I say. I can't believe it.

My mom got accepted. She's officially a flight attendant. She's been dreaming of flying her whole life.

I hug her and we stayed hugging for a while.

"I'm proud of you, mom." I say.

"Thank you, dear. Your support means the world to me." She says.

"And to make this an official celebration, I bought you something." She said as she got a huge paper bag from under the table and gave it to me.

"Go on. Open it." She says excitedly.

I open it and it's a canvas, paint and some brushes. It looked expensive.

"Mom... you didn't have to." I said.

"Don't give up on your dreams, sweetie." She says as she kisses my forehead.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." I said.

"When I start next week, I'm gonna send you pictures from all around the world and I want you to paint it." She says.

Wait. Next week.

"Next week? You're leaving that soon?" I ask.

"That's the hard part. We're gonna be apart for a while but it's only for a while, honey." She says.

"But that's the first week of summer. That's camping time." I say. I'm gonna cry but I don't want to.

"You can always camp with your friends. Or you can have a sleepover." She says.

"Okay." I say. I don't want to keep her away from her dream.

× Hiii so finally a Sabrina pov. So know you have a peek of Sabrina's life at home. And i chose the song "I would do anything for you" because Sabrina would do anything for her mom and vice versa! Hope you're enjoying the story! :) ×