IV: Yellow \\ Coldplay

SABRINA'S POV

I get up extra early today (even though its summer) so I could have breakfast with my mom before she leaves.

As I get down, she was talking to someone on the door. Being the nosey daughter that I am, I try to check who she was talking with.

Bradley.

"Oh, good morning, sweetie. Someone's at the door for you." She says as she leaves to the kitchen and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

I just woke up and I must look completely horrid. Ugh.

"Hey, what are you doing here so early?" I ask.

"I was just gonna text you but I don't have your number. So I was wondering... can I have your number?" He says. It almost made me laugh I tried to hold it in.

I grab his phone and put my number in and hand it back to him.

"Here." I say as I give it back.

"Thanks. And now that I'm here, wanna hang out later?" He asks. Oh darn it, Bradley, of course I do.

"That would be great but I can't. I promised Rowan that we'd hang out today. Maybe tomorrow." I say.

"Tomorrow's good too. See you soon, Sab." He says.

"See ya, Brad." I say and he leaves.

I head to the kitchen and my mom has already prepared the not-so-usual breakfast.

"Ohh, fancy breakfast?"

"Just making up, sweetie."

"Mom, you don't have to. I understand our situation." I say.

I sit down and start stuffing bacon in my mouth. Ooohhh this tastes so goood.

"So, who was that boy?" My mom asks. I was hoping she wouldn't ask.

"Who? That guy earlier? Oh, that was Bradley." I say.

"Is he someone... special?" She asks while munching on her toast.

"What? No! What makes you think that?" I say without looking at her. And I instantly feel my cheeks blush.

"Well, the fact that you're blushing could be a great indicator that you feel a little somethin' for that boy." She says with that smirk on her face. She doesn't wait for me to reply.

She stand up and puts her dishes on the sink. A few minutes later, we hear a honk from a car.

"That must be the car service." She says.

We both walk to the front door and she hugs me. Tightly.

"I'll be okay, mom." I say.

"I'll be home the soonest. Take care, sweetie." She says and she gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"We'll facetime if I have time. Please take care of yourself!" She says as she gets on the airport's car service.

"Yes, mom!" I reply.

I watch the van leave and I go back inside, making sure that the front door is locked.

I do my chores and when I finished, I took a bath. As if on cue, just as I was done changing, the doorbell rang. I hurried to open the door. When I opened it revealed a very smiling Rowan.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I ask giving her a hug.

"I was gonna come super early so I could say goodbye to your mom but I woke up late and so I texted you if you wanted to hang out but you didn't reply so here I am. Wanna hang out?" She babbles.