II: Love & Some Verses \\ Iron & Wine

BRADLEY'S POV

The bell for last period just rang and I'm on my way to Sabrina's locker so we can practice.

"Hey, Sabrina." I say and she was startled.

"Oh, Bradley, hey. What's up?" She replies.

"Ready to practice?" I ask.

"Practice?"

"The poem. We're presenting it tomorrow."

"Oh, right. I almost forgot." She says as she closes her locker.

"Where are we gonna practice?" She asks.

"We can do practice at my house. If that's okay with you?"

"Your house it is then." She says.

--------

We arrive at my house and no one's home. We head to my backyard.

"Why are we outside?" She asks.

"Hold on." I reply.

We climb up my treehouse and I can tell she loved it.

"You never told me you had a treehouse. It's so cool." She says while exploring the place.

"It's kinda like my hideout. Mom never goes up here and so does my dad. I have it all to myself."

"I have a hideout too. It's called my room." She says in a sarcastic way.

"Ha ha. Very funny, Carpenter."

"Why are we practicing here?" She asks.

"I don't know. I just feel like this place can give us some inspiration." I say.

"Wow, I didn't know you took poetry so seriously, Perry." She says.

"I just really like this poem." Especially when it's for someone special. I didn't say that last part but I realized that in the few days we've hung out, I'm starting to like her.

We start practicing. I was sitting on a chair and she was walking around.

" Having a Coke with you is even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irún, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne or being sick to my stomach on the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona

partly because in your orange shirt you look like a better happier St. Sebastian" I recite.

She recites her lines and she read it beautifully. She was walking around while reading. It was almost sunset and the light from the sun embraced her like it wanted her.

I stood up and started reciting my next lines. I approach her. She was sitting on the table next to the window.

"And the portrait show seems to have no faces in it at all, just paint you suddenly wonder why in the world anyone ever did them." I say. (From the poem)

I didn't continue my lines. We stare at each other for a while. The sun setting gave the perfect lighting. Her face looked more angelic than ever.

I lean closer to her and something in me told me to kiss her. I wanted to but I couldn't. I didn't have the guts to.

Our face is now inches apart. Our noses touch. I could hear her breathing.

When I was about to kiss her, she moves away. I feel like an idiot.

"I-I'm so sorry." I say.

"It's okay." She says.

"It's getting pretty late. I should get going." She says.

"Yeah. I can give you a ride." I say.

--------

We reach her house and I want to explain to her what happened. But even I don't know what happened.

"Thanks for the ride, Perry." She says.

"Anytime, Carpenter." I reply.

She hops out of the car and she waves goodbye as I drive away.

-------

I'm on my home and my phone rings. It's Jake.

Me: What's up?

Jake: Bradley, come to Spencer's. We're watching a movie.

Me: Sure. I'm on my way.

Jake: Okay, bro. See you later.

I hang up and text my mom, telling her I'm going to Spencer's house.

I get there and we're watching X-men. I like this movie but for some reason, I couldn't pay attention. I was still thinking about what happened in the treehouse.

"Bradley!!" Jake shouts which snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Dude, what's wrong?" Spencer asks.

I don't want to tell them about what happened but I want their advice. They're my friends after all.

"Something happened. Well, almost happened." I say.

"What?" Corey asked.

"Remember that project I have with Sabrina? Well, we were sorta rehearsing-"

"What's so bad about that?" Spencer interrupts.

"In the treehouse." I continued.

"Oohhh, that's bad." Jake says.

"Wait, I thought you promised to only bring a girl that you like to the treehouse?" Peyton (meyer) says.

"Idiot, that's what this is all about! Bradley likes Sabrina. Not on a friend level." Jake explains.

"Well, that's not all. We also almost... kissed." I say and their eyes widen.

"Definitely not on a friend level." Corey says.

"Wait, have you guys even gone out?" Peyton asks.

"No. We haven't."

"So how sure are you that you like her?"

"I don't know. There's just something about her."

"Do you think she likes you?" Corey asks.

"I'm not so sure." I reply.

× Hiiii. I hope I gave you feeelsss hahaha. Thisnis just the beginning guys! ×