A Plan to Get to Hell

George had already left the taiga. Limited food was too much of an issue. Sure, he could live off sweet berries, but he could also... NOT live off one of the shittiest foods in the game.

The world generation in 1.18 was insane. There were tiny caves that only led to water, "rivers" that ran through hills, etc. Mossy cobblestone rocks littered the landscape. Wet podzol always soaked through his shoes, which was gross.

He passed a wolf earlier but he didn't have bones, so it was left. Dead bushes grew out of coarse dirt.

Now he was in a dark oak forest, a fairly open one for the biome. Probably because there were small oak trees and a river, so it was most likely partially an oak forest.

George was especially attracted to the tiny flower bed (285, 65, 182) across the river. He picked an area where the river was thin and he could jump across. He picked a small circular flower. A dandelion. Oh, so it was yellow. He put it away in his inventory.

He moved on from the dandelions to some white, clumped, and bell-shaped flowers. Lilies of the valley. He picked one plant and sniffed it before putting it in his inventory, next to the dandelion. He turned back around to the river, going what was probably upstream. It was hard to tell since rivers in Minecraft are all still water, but the other side, "downstream," was blocked off.

George spotted something blue-ish (or, he thought it was blue) across the stream, where he was before. He went upstream just a little more to get a closer look. A grey colour introduced itself as well. A ruined portal (213, 74, 147). No doubt.

He went back downstream to find the jumpable edge before deciding, fuck it, he was too impatient. He stopped at a sandy patch, the closest place he bothered to get to, and jumped. He wasn't sure if he could make the jump.

He couldn't.

His arms tried their best to catch the sandy edge, but his waist down fell in the water.

"Fuck off!" George said to no one. Sand stuck to his wet clothes. He ran back to the portal, warm with lava and magma, especially contrasted with the cold water.

He opened the chest which creaked loudly. It was better than he expected. There were a couple golden ingots, flint, a pick and one obsidian, but nuggets upon nuggets of iron. He counted 11, 21, 24, 34 iron nuggets! That's a shit ton, he hit the jackpot! The pick had unbreaking III and efficiency IV.

He scooped up the loot and shoved it in his inventory. Surprisingly, the portal structure itself was mostly intact, though the portal frame had a big chunk missing. He couldn't use that itself. There was no gold block either, though. Crying obsidian dripped its strange goo. Oh, so that blue-ish thing he saw was actually purple.

Lava bubbles popped and waves of heat distorted the stone. The warmth felt good against his cold, wet skin. He took off his shoes, which were filled with dirty water and wet sand. Jesus christ, they were like a fish tank without fish, thankfully.

George stay sitting by the lava to dry himself off. He placed down a crafting table to turn the iron into ingots, leaving him with 3 ingots and 7 leftover nuggets. He'll still keep them; they might come in handy later.

This could make a good campsite for now. There was enough lava to make a portal, especially with the half portal already constructed. He could get to the nether soon. He heard a crackling noise and at first instinct he thought the lava reached a tree and caused a forest fire.

He quickly learned it wasn't as bad as that, thank god. Instead his crafting table was smoking and black. George let out a yelp and pat out the flame, quickly extinguishing it. That gave him a jumpscare.

Well, now he had an objective. He would dry off and use the lava and the river to make a nether portal. Then he'd beat the game from there, hopefully getting out of the game and finding a friend.

Sounds like a plan to him.