𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈 ━━ Matter of Artery Aorta

THE DAYS FOLLOWING the nocturnal discussion of the two individuals were busy for the less. Finn had made his mark on the crew, though he hadn't forgotten about Margot. A budding biologist, he stayed in his cabin most of the time, studying the species he had been led to see. He and Asteria had grown closer, like two great friends, and she was helping him in his research by bringing them to fruition through her past travels.

She had often stayed in her mansion, of course, but had been able to explore some parts of the world, on dry land, for purely political reasons.

Will had noticed this sudden change in attitude between them and could not help feeling anger when he saw them together.

He knew full well that if he chose to forgive her, he could have been that man sitting next to her, though his feelings were unrequited. But, Will couldn't blame the biologist and knew his kind intentions; Finn already loved another.

Still close to shore, the weeks passed and Jack could not find a soul, and nor to the places where they hid because he would break the closeness he had with the land and his ship, and with the Isla Cruces. Basically, even without the key, he believed in a miracle, in a divine providence that would solve his problems on its own.

And as often, it ended up happening. The East Indian Company arrived in a magnificent ship. Some drooled against the glass, and others suffered from a neurological neurosis.

"Miss! I've just been told of an attack at sea, about twenty kilometers south of here!" cried Agnes, patting her apron.

Asteria had immediately made the connection, and already guessed the main actors of this assault. Who else could it be.

Completely cut off between two worlds, she quickly crossed paths with the Commodore.

"Oh, Asteria, you're lucky! I wanted to ask you which cake would you prefer for the ceremony..." he began, smiling broadly at her.

She could not contain the stress that had taken hold of her and which, in two or three movements, pushed her to run in all directions.

"Listen, James. My friends are in danger. I have to leave. I am terribly sorry..."

"There's a feeling of deja vu, don't you think?" he said, lowering his head, still smiling.

"Please forgive me, really."

He suddenly raised his head, and looked the woman he loved in the eyes.

"Go ahead, leave," he announced, with a parting smile.

Asteria was surprised, and couldn't help asking, "Are you sure?"

"But yes, go, go, before it's me who sticks you in a boat," he laughed.The girl promptly kissed his cheek in recognition and left.

She put on her adventure clothes without thinking too much, it was obvious; a call for help. She rushed and left the mansion, without telling anyone as she liked to do. Nevertheless, she left only one memory behind her: a ring, deposited in front of Norrington's quarters.

She hadn't understood how she had been able to get back on the road so quickly, she who lasted for months was fighting against her too strong will.

The learning of this news had pushed her, like a little boost, but in reality: she had already rushed off on her own.

She haggled to go from boat to boat, using money or her rank, which was no longer so legitimate, but she had to find a use for the lie of which she had been the victim.