𝐗𝐈𝐕 ━━ Limbo of The Night

THE PEACE DIDN'T LAST LONG. Only a week after the last attack, the Indian East Company decided to come out of its cocoon.

They set foot on Isla Cruces, under the watchful eye of Jack, who watched them through his telescope. As long as they didn't come against them, everything would be satisfactory.

As Finn had predicted, the company was looking for the vault, like most pirates these days. But they were missing, like Jack, the key. Desperate for a way to get Davy Jones' aorta, the private owner joined the race.

Watching this spectacle through the windows of the holds, Jack reveled in the problems on the sidelines. The men of the company died one by one. But, taking up his shrivel again, he met the gaze of Davy Jones, a blue-ocean like, which was staring at him appallingly.

Jack opened his eyes in surprise and pulled the telescope out of sight. He said to sound the alarm and everyone was tired after the last fights. But the next one was already engaged.

An icy wind whistled through and through. The palm fronds danced together, mingling with each other. The dull sound of the breeze interspersed with the tender music of the crashing waves. Like a calm before the storm, Asteria was on deck, eyes closed. She inhaled, letting herself meditate on the soothing sounds. She was at peace with herself.

The gust was still fresh, at the beginning of the spring season, and the cheeks of the pirates turned pink from the contact with the squall. For Asteria, all this coldness was a real relief that relaxed her inflexible muscles. Chills crept down her flesh and she emanated all the good she had received.

The force with which the draught blew was of an incredible violence: which was soon to be in order between the pirates. The mast creaked, as did the floor. The wood held up for such a poor ship. The sails, though the boat did not move a foot, were frantically pitching and spreading.

The three camps found themselves, marching eagerly against the rough sand. Feet sinking halfway into this half-wet granite, some were almost sucked into this endless hole. Many would be six feet under, unfortunately not for the same reason as fauna.

"The key, Jones," said a member of the East India Company.

The octopus stammered between his moist lips, like his whole being. He didn't seem impressed; they were not the first to covet his artery. "So?" the latter reiterated, raising an eyebrow, hardly amused.

Jones smiled half-heartedly, which surprised his teammates who had never seen the light between his two lips.

"Rot in hell, all of you! You'll never have a part of me. No one will have it, but her."

The Flying Dutchman's crew shouted and a throng began, as they brandished the most menacing weapons. Axes, swords, mortars, everything was mobilized. Asteria frowned, the same feeling of chill running through her. It was no longer satisfaction, but uneasiness. Though she proved otherwise, the bloodbath she witnessed when she had returned scared her, even though she enjoyed the action and the rush around her. However, she was still thinking of all the victims who were going to lose their lives today. At what price? Rage seized her, and she stared at the squid, brandishing her sword. There was only a black anger, crushing her whole soul.

Everyone started to fight, without real reasons or obtaining anything. Cries resounded on all sides; a soaring man, a sinking fish. Jack himself was in such a good mood as always, moreover he was on the ground, able to easily escape the fate that trailed him.

Night had fallen, the sun having gone to slumber. Amid all the chaos, Asteria hadn't even had time to stargaze, which surprised her. For hours, and again, she wrestled. She was fighting alongside her friends, and was exhausted. Screams, tears, the battle was tough. Each side had far too much pride to surrender or capitulate. Nevertheless, Jack's crew was the most disadvantaged, as it was the least numerous.