~6

Johnny sat in the lot, kicking things around, bored out of his mind till he spotted something move in the nearby bushes. "H-hello is someone t-there?." Nobody answered Johnny as the bush stopped moving. All of a sudden Johnny felt something touch his shoulder, "AHHHHHH, god I can't die today!"

Johnny turned around expecting a tall soc to beat him up but was surprised to find Cutie pie laughing his ass off.

"Aw, aw god that was too good, you should have seen your face," Cutie looked at the ground still cackling, "Ahh, god I can't die today." Cutie continued to laugh before he saw Johnny's face grow pale.

He was shaking from fear, Cutie pie feeling Guilt. "Aw, Johnnycake I'm sorry, didn't mean to scare you." Johnny nodded and started to tear up, "Oh my god, Johnny it's ok, you're going to be ok." Cutie runs over to Johnny and hugs him, burying his face in Johnny's chest. Johnny's crys slowly turned to laughter, causing Cutie to be confused.

"Ahh, you should have seen YOUR face," Johnny said exaggerating "your" to get his point across. "What?." Johnny laughed at Cutie pies confusion, "Oh Johnny it's GoInG To Be OkAy."

"Whatever Johnnycake," Cutie paused listening to Johnny's laughs, "You can be a real dick sometimes."

"It was payback, and stop calling me Johnnycake." Cutie smiled moving closer to Johnny, "Why, Johnnycake." Johnny sighed knowing how stubborn Cutie was, "Never mind."

The two continued to laugh and talk about things till they saw Ponyboy running toward them. Ponyboy bent over gasping for air and Cutie pie patted his back, "You ok Pony."

"Yea," he paused, "Well no, Let's just run away."

"What why," Johnny and Cutie say in almost unison as Pony stands up to his full height, which was only about half an inch taller than Cutie. "Well..."

Ponyboy ran home after saying goodbye to Johnny and Cutie, knowing that Darry was going to be pissed that Ponyboy was out so late. He sighed as he opened the door to his house, noticing the living room light was on. Darry sat in the corner on an old chair, reading today's newspaper. "There you are!," Darry yelled throwing his newspaper down onto the table, "Sorry I was out with Johnny and Cutie."

"Yea, well sorry ain't gonna cut it Ponyboy," Darry yelled taking his reading glasses off and giving Ponyboy the look of disappointment. "It's 2 am, another hour and I would have called the dam cops!"

Sodapop woke up from all the commotion, rubbing his eyes, "Oh hey Ponyboy, when did you get home."

Darry grunted, "He got home at 2 am, I was worried sick." Ponyboy would normally back down, but something told him to talk back. "Worried sick, Worried sick, no you weren't, you don't care about me or Soda," Darry cut Ponyboy of, "Watch what you say to me boy!"

"No! I won't listen to you," Darry's face was now red from anger. "Darry come on, give little Pony here a break," Sodapop chimed in. Ponyboy rolled his eyes triggering something in Darry to spring forward and backhand Ponyboy to the face. Darry's face looked of instant regret and guilt.

"Oh Ponyboy I-I'm," Ponyboy didn't wait for Darry's apology, but ran out of the house, the sound of Sodapop and Darry yelling for him to come back.

"Wait, he hit you?" Ponyboy nodded feeling himself grow with anger the more he thought about it. "It's ok ponyboy, we're here for you," Johnny said in a comforting voice that made him feel slightly better.

"Thanks, guys," Ponyboy looks down, "Now about running away." Cutie pie rolled his eyes spitting a piece of gum out of his mouth, "You're not running away Ponyboy."

Ponyboy looked at Cutie, "I will, I swear I'll do it." Cutie patted Ponyboy's shoulder, "Your brothers that love you very much are here, they would die without you." Ponyboy sighed knowing that he really couldn't run away, even if he wanted to.

"Let's just go to the park, cool down, and relax," Cutie suggests rubbing circles into Ponyboy's shoulder, "Yea, I'd like that." Johnny felt a hint of jealousy watching Cutie being so nice to Ponyboy. The three boys stood up and started on their way to the park. "How bought we make this interesting?," Cutie asked gaining the attention of the other two, "Huh, what is it."

"Last one there has to buy the others milkshakes for dinner tonight." Johnny and Ponyboy look at each other and nod, "Sure but just know I'm a fast runner."

(Just some music to make the story more lively)

Ponyboy and Cutie roll their eyes at Johnny and start running, Johnny following behind. Cutie ran faster than both of them since he was smaller and lightweight. "Haha, whos fast now Johnny," Cutie laughed as he passed Johnny, running through town, sliding over car hoods, and jumping over things, feeling like a badass.

The three boys ran to the Park within minutes, all collapsed on the ground, exhausted from the sudden burst of exercise. "Oh look, the sun is setting," Cutie yells as the three boys scramble to sit in the swings. Cutie sits on the swing next to Johnny, the both of them watching the sunset into the vivid pink colored sky. The feel of the breese against Cuties hair maid him feel free for once.

Free from his mother, free from his stepsisters, and free from himself. He struggled from a young age with his sexuality, except he never fully realized it until he met Johnny Cade, the boy of his dreams. The boy who was kind, trustworthy, and handsome really handsome. Cutie new from the first time that they met, that he had a crush on Johnny, although he did a great Job at hiding it.

Cutie starred off at the sky while Johnny starred at Cutie pie, admiring him as a blush creeped up on his face. "What ya thinkin about?," Ponyboy questioned startling Johnny to where he almost fell out of his swing . "U-Um nothing, j-just thinking about, um... the milkshakes you'll be buying Cutie and I," Johnny says with a smug look oh his face, Ponyboy just muttering something the other two boys didn't hear.

The three boys stared at the sky in awe until they heard a carr pull up behind them, the same light blue mustang that Cherry Valance got into that night at the movies. Three tall muscular guys exited the vehicle, "Hey boys."