♤ ♧ The Queen of White Lies (ROYALTY AU)【Celestigiri】♡ ♢

TW'S FOR THIS STORY: CELESTIGIRI, MENTIONS OF KIRUMI, TERUTERU, GUNDHAM, AND THE SHIP CHARACTERS, THE SONG QUEEN OF WHITE LIES BY THE ORION EXPERIENCE
Headcanons featured in this story: Transfem lesbian Celeste (She/they, AMAB) and Omniromantic Demisexual Kyoko (She/her, fem lean, AFAB)
A/N: Sorry about the length of my Saimota oneshot lmao, I lost track of the length and didn't want to remove anything :,D But this is my first time trying something other than a non-despair AU! I'm quite excited out of all honesty, and I am considering a sequel to this one. If you'd be interested in that please leave a comment saying so! Another music inspired one, soooo, you know what that means! Get cozy, shove The Queen of White Lies on loop, and enjoy!

Celeste's POV
November 21st, Kingdom of Beatia, Castle
I sat on my throne with a cup of tea in hand. My cat, Grand Bois Chéri, sat his little legs on my lap and curled up into a ball, basically asking to be stroked. I gently rubbed his back as he purred and stretched himself out. He then pounced off my lap and scurried away as usual. I then walked over to my window, admiring my grand kingdom. "Such a grand day, isn't it?" I asked myself, wandering back over to get a sip of my tea. I then heard a gentle knock at the door. "Your highness, is there anything I can get for you while I'm running errands?" One of my loyal maids, Kirumi Tojo, asked me. "A small cake would be lovely, thanks. And get Chéri a treat, he's been good so far today." Kirumi nodded, curtsied, and wandered back off. I sat back on my throne, and watched the world go by.

Kyoko's POV
I heard fast running down the hall, complete with mumbling. "Okay, small cake, cat treat, small ca- AH! Kyoko, you must watch where you're going." Kirumi, Queen Celestia's maid of honour, bumped into me, running around as if she were getting chased by a wasp. "Sorry Ma'am. Would you like me to run this errand for you? You seem to be busy already regarding the Queen's birthday." I asked her, it could also double as a form of apology for getting in her way, I suppose. "That would be such an amazing favour, please could you?" She replied, trying to catch her breath. "Yes, of course. What would you like me to get?" I started preparing to take a mental note, the queen was easily angered if we didn't bring them the correct things. "They asked for a cat treat and a small cake, Teruteru's already on making the cake, and you should get the cat treat from either the pet cupboard or Gundham if he's around, since that would be faster." I nodded my head, and hurried off to the kitchen with a trolley.

I gently knocked the door and the sweet smell attacked me. "Oh my, I forgot about the small cake-" The tiny chef was running around trying to manage decorating a massive cake by himself. He plated up a sample slice of the grand birthday cake from a spare layer. It was the queen's favourite, red velvet with deep black frosting, complete with the finest white chocolate version of her crown that sits atop her drills. "Do you think that will be okay for her?" He said whilst preparing a piping bag. "I mean, it's her favourite kind of cake so it should be fine. Thanks Teruteru." I placed the golden plate gently on the trolley and briskly made my way along the hall, only to bump into one of the many visitors, Gundham. He was Queen Celestia's childhood friend who ruled his own kingdom.

"Oh, Sir Gundham," I said, curtsying, "Would it be alright if I could have a cat treat for the Queen?" I scraped my head for things to say, especially after the huge rumour that supposedly started from one of the maids that Celeste and Gundham were dating a while ago, which led to the Queen getting very angry and lecturing every one of us that she liked females, and never to accuse her of dating a man again. He never uttered a word, nodded his head, and gave me a dainty bag of cat treats which I put on the trolley, and headed off to the throne room.

Celestia's POV
The door bell gently jingled, as I expected, it was me and Chéri's food. "Enter please." I said with a smile. "Your highness, here is your small cake and Chéri's cat treat." Kyoko curtsied and smiled, although the colour of her face was different. "Kyoko? May I ask you something?" I gestured her to sit on the small chair next to my throne. "Are you unwell? Please don't tell me you are, we have the grand party in two days, dear." I felt her forehead and it was pretty warm. "Oh, um..." She looked away, giggling. "What's so funny about being unwell? I only wish for you to enjoy yourself." I sighed, hoping she'd answer the original question. "Well, your highness, you see, I am not unwell." She was burning up a second ago though? I was so confused. "Please, can you explain why you are so warm dear?" She looked up then looked away again, acting shy as usual. "Well, your highness. Do you understand the feeling of being in love?" I let the question sink into my brain, but I really didn't. "Um... Yes! Yes I do dear."

Kyoko's POV
I found it really easy to tell when Celestia was lying. They lied about everything, sometimes to make themselves feel better but also for bad reasons. There was sometimes a devil hiding behind her smile. The entirety of the castle called her the queen of white lies, and she loved her little nickname. This time, it was very obvious she was lying. "Um... is someone coming to the grand party with you?" I asked, still looking away as I was avoiding eye contact with the one I truly loved. "Not that I know of dear." I felt the corners of my mouth upturning but I had to remain calm. "Okay. Just letting you know I'd be more than interested." I stood up, curtsied once more and left.

Celestia's POV
I was so confused. I felt warm and fuzzy when Kyoko left. Maybe she had spread her illness to me? I was attending my grand party anyway, I wouldn't let Kyoko's illness stop me. But, everyone had a +1 apart from me. "One moment Chéri, I need to ask someone something." I bent down to clap him on my way out, as I headed for the bedrooms. I knocked Kyoko's door, looking down in shame, which was followed by a brisk answer. "Oh! Your highness, is there anything I can do for you?" I tried my hardest to get my words out, but I could hardly speak. "Are you okay? Do you have a sore throat?" I shook my head. I was embarrassed that I had messed up the entire thing already. "Look, just come in and take a seat. It's not as luxurious as a throne or anything, but it's still comfy." She gestured me to sit on her bed and she put her arm around me. "Now, please Celestia, tell me what's wrong." "I uh, I wanted to confess to someone."

Kyoko's POV
I was so happy that she'd gotten a lover, but what if it isn't me? I tried to think of some ways to help her. "Okay so, do you want to practice on me? Maybe that would help." She sighed shakily. "Um, uh..." I nodded my head to encourage her. "Kyoko, would you like to be my +1 to my grand party? Maybe even for a bit longer?" I smiled, knowing that it probably wasn't aimed at me but I was still happy I helped her. "That was great! I'm sure that'll get you you-" She looked at me with a small smile. "Well, do you?" I shuffled back a bit in shock. "Your highness, I-" "I like you too, dear." My heart was racing. She had confessed to me! "Are you sure?" I questioned her, still in shock. "Yes, of course I am. Why would I have been here if I wasn't?" "You're the queen of white lies." "Oh yeah, true." She laughed quietly. "Well, to answer your question, yes I would." She smiled and blushed a bit, which I smiled back at. They held their hand out and in exchange I held theirs, followed by her kissing me gently on the cheek. "Now come, Queen Kyoko. We must get you sorted for the party!" She skipped off, hand in hand with me, to a room with a huge array of dresses in all colours. She wasn't just the Queen of White Lies, she was my Queen of White lies.