4. Weird Encounters

I was in the backseat listening to Brandy gush over the boys and April rating their physique. I rolled my eyes at their stupidity.

"Why have you been so quiet since you came jogging?" April's voice was laced with worry. And I felt sudden guilt to make her worry again.

"Yeah, did something happen?" Brandy asked frowning.

Oh shit! Damn you George. How do I explain myself now.

I chewed on my lips, which I tend to do when I'm nervous. I crammed my brain to think of some excuse.

"Just met a douche." I lied through my teeth expertly, shrugging my shoulders nonchalantly.

"What did he do? Do I need to beat someone?" April asked half jokingly. I knew if someone dared to mess with us she would never give them a chance to speak before using her hands. She was a black belt in taekwondo.

"No Ril, it's nothing, relax." I blew her a kiss, winking.

"Then cheer up girl, and give me your review!" Bree said to lighten up the mood. I rolled my eyes at her 'review'.
I pretended to think over it, although I knew my answer.

"I think, I'll pass." I gave her a very fake grin after which we bursted into laughter.

The drive to school ended and Bree parked our car at a secluded area after looking for a good parking space. As soon as we got out all eyes were on us as if we had done some crime or told then we are from the future. Geez.

We walked past them without any care because we were used to attention. Afterall, we were the most popular in our previous school. People watched our every action, some hating us and some admiring us.

April stopped a student and asked her for the directions to the receptionist. The girl looked quite shocked, maybe because April asked with an intimidating aura around her or from the huge grin Brandy threw at her or from my aloof expression. Nonetheless, she replied us politely. We acknowledged her differently. April just nodded, Bree thanked her still grinning while I just gave her a polite smile.

We followed her directions and soon reached the reception. Before Ril could ask her in her same domineering manner, I stopped her and went to ask myself.

"Hey, we are the transfer students from L.A., can you please give us our locker numbers and schedule." I asked the receptionist politely, giving a warm smile.

I was stunned when the receptionist just slided over our schedules with our locker numbers and then turned to her computer again. They both snickered at me. Damn! Another wrong choice. Should have Ril talk to her.

"Girl, you've got bad luck with people today." Bree shook her head at me smiling lovingly. I pouted at her and turned to leave.

I pulled out my phone and looked up at my horoscope for today. Some people might find it ridiculous to believe in such things, like my friends, but I adamantly believe in it.

'Be careful what you speak today. Might meet someone important. Value your loved ones. Keep your heart open.'
It was a very mixed horoscope but I already regret for speaking without thinking. So, I guess I'll just follow it. Only if I had read it in the morning.

I reached my locker, which was coincidentally near Bree and three lockers away from Ril. I put the books I needed for English and stacked the other things inside. I turned to see almost everyone was staring at us again. I rolled my eyes and bumped my shoulder with Bree.

"Are you done? What do you have next?" I asked her, tightening the bag strap.

"Yeah, Eco. Let's go to Ril and ask her." She smiled and held my hand.