S1.EP7 - ❛ The Encounter at Itaewon ❜

July 1st

July 1st

"CAN SOMEONE TELL ME
WHETHER YOU'RE GOING
ON A MISSION OR A ROAD TRIP?" August uttered in bewilderment as he stared at the things that Victory and Shanise were carrying.

"Well, you need snacks on a long road," Victory shrugged.

"I just prepared necessary things like a first aid kit. It's not much," Shanise reasoned.

"And I just brought my pretty ass to here," Jimmy grinned.

August could only sigh and shook his head before turning to the officer who's in casual attire. "Are you sure you don't need any of us to come with you?"

Jay shook his head with a small smile, "No. Some officers would be accompanying me to the location and I should be fine. I'll maintain contact with you all, don't worry. And besides, it would be best for you, Jin, and Rein to stay here since there's still a lot to do here."

August nodded at the officer's confirmation, "if you say so."

"Victory, I'll trust you'll take care of everything?" Jin said while forcing himself to not smile and laugh, pertaining to the two enemies who still couldn't stand each other's presence.

The original plan was that a pair would go to two locations and then whoever finishes first would be going to the third location. Meanwhile, the rest had to stay to continue the other ongoing investigation with the witnesses at The Red Bar, the lookout for the woman, and the examination of the weapon and paper with the kiss mark. Originally, each of the four members who'd be staying had to handle one each. Automatically, August and Jin had to stay to handle the lookout and investigation of The Red Bar incident. Rein has to stay to examine the weapon. Jay already volunteered to be one of those who will go and said he'll take a fellow police officer with him. Then they would only need to choose who goes and who will be the last one to stay.

How did they decide that? Simple. A game of rock, paper, scissors. The winner stays and the losers go. The game concluded that Victory won and would be staying to help examine the paper note while Jimmy and Shanise had to go together. It wasn't a shocker that the two did not take it lightly and a fight broke out in the meeting room. Though August suggested just doing a redo, the two didn't even entertain the idea. Basically, the scene at the meeting room that day was straight up like a love triangle in a drama where the two leads fight over that one person. However, instead of earning their love, what happened was that Jimmy and Shanise tried convincing Victory to come with them instead.

In the end, the two got a beating from August and it was decided that Victory will just need to go with the two and accompany the rowdy enemies. But in reality, it's as if he became a babysitter.

So, when Jin asked that question to Victory, he laughed. "As if I don't do that even when we're here."

After everyone had gathered, it was time for them to leave. At exactly 6 am, the two cars took off, leaving August, Jin, and Rein in the main lobby.