S1.EP3 - ❛ The Miss Troublemaker Case ❜

HE GAVE ONE LAST,HELPLESS LOOK ATHIS BURNING HOME before turning around and leaving the place where he spent the first years of his life

HE GAVE ONE LAST,
HELPLESS LOOK AT
HIS BURNING HOME before turning around and leaving the place where he spent the first years of his life. With no choice but to leave almost everyone dear to him.

With tears in his eyes, he grabbed the hands of the older boy while carrying the younger girl on his back. Together, they ran to the nearest house they could get. Jin was the one who knocked on the neighbor's door. Once it opened, they couldn't even muster any words. The poor kids burst into tears again and couldn't even say the situation to the kind lady who opened their door late at night. However, they did not need to explain anything because the smoke from their burning house was enough explanation for the lady to call for the fire department.

The ride to the hospital was awfully quiet. The young girl slept through it while the two boys sat there, shaking in fear with a mixture of sadness as they were being transported to the hospital. August stared into nothingness while he was being reminded of the last sight of his father.

His father was still so able. Unlike the other family members who got trapped into other rooms, his father could still go. Could still run. But even so, he prioritized saving the three of them. All while being able to tell him his final words.

'Do not live your life with regrets. Live your life like how you want it to be without worrying about anything else. Take care, and take care of them,' he told him while holding both of his tiny hands with his big, adult hands.

Those final moments were the last bit of warmth he felt from a father's love. Before then breaking away from that warmth.

He immediately noticed that when his father was holding his little hands, he gave him a small piece of note. But before he could even ask, his father pushed him away before a falling piece of burning wood hit him.

And it hit his father instead.

Another tear escaped his eyes when he reminisced about those moments. Though the boy wiped them immediately, fresh tears just kept streaming down his face. This sight made the older boy beside him cry with him. They just lost a home, and all the family they knew. For kids like them being left alone in this big world, it is hard to get by.

Days later, they received an update. Indeed, no one in their family survived. Everyone either got caught in the fire or due to lack of oxygen. They were really all left alone and will be sent to an orphanage. Hopelessness and sorrow written across their small faces. They were about to be taken away when they heard a man coming in.

At that moment, a hopeful shine appeared in August's eyes. He looked back on the small piece of note his father gave him. It was the initials "B.H" and then a phone number written on it. However, when August gave it to the adults to try and contact this person, no one answered. But they left a message in case.

Could it be?

The man, who had just arrived, now appeared right in front of them. They do not recognize the man at all. But when the man gave them a warm hug, it reminded him about a father's love once more. And they couldn't help but burst into tears again, but this time it was more of a relief. A sense of relief by finding comfort once again.