S1.EP9 - ❛ The Tragic Stories Within the Hospitals ❜

July 1st

July 1st

SEEING THE DOCTOR CLEARLY
BRUSHED OFF THE QUESTION, the trio began to be wary of her. But before they could even say anything, the door opened and all the children's attention went to them. Happy cheers and expressions erupted from the children to the sight of their doctor. The trio observed the doctor who was tense a few seconds before but is now carefree and calm around the children.

After the children greeted the doctor, their attention went towards the trio. With a questioning look, one of the younger children asked, "Doctor Hart, who are they? Are they the bad people?"

"No! Not at all," the doctor quickly corrected. "They are policemen who'll be visiting. Don't worry, they are nice."

"Then why aren't they in uniform?" A child, who's more on the older side, asked.

"It's not mandatory to wear them. Would you like to see me in uniform, though?" Jimmy answered with a smile on his face.

"Yeah!" All the children cheered.

"Alright. I'll come back then-"

"Wait, but you don't have a police uniform." Victory whispered so that only the three of them could hear.

"I can probably borrow Jay's-"

"No, don't even think about that," Victory stopped him.

"Yep, you're probably right," Jimmy responded in defeat before returning their attention to the children in the room. Their attention was on the doctor again.

"Alright, everybody. Sit patiently while waiting for me to do my rounds. In the meantime, you may talk with them. Be nice, okay?" The doctor's words were like gospel, and the children listened and followed her.

The trio splits up, each approaching a different child. Shanise was still hesitant. Of course, she couldn't converse properly if she had to cover half of her face and the child would suspect too. But this is her job and she shouldn't make any excuses to not do her part or else someone's mouth will spit fire again.

She picked out a lonesome girl, about 11 years old, sitting and playing quietly with a doll and a toy car in the corner of the room. The girl was the only one who seemed to be the least unresponsive, participative, and energetic. She carefully approaches the girl to not startle her before sitting by her side and slightly lowering her mask. Even with her careful approach, the girl still flinched a little and took a defensive position. Upon realizing that it was just her, she calmed down.

"I'm sorry for startling you," Shanise apologized before looking at the toys. "Is that the doll's car?" The girl nodded. "Where does she go with it?" She asked again, trying to start a conversation.

"Somewhere far away," the girl replied shortly.

"Why so?"

"To escape." The answer shocked Shanise but stopped herself from showing it, not wanting the girl to feel as if she's judging her. Shanise was genuinely surprised and did not expect that kind of answer. There might be a reason why.