S1.EP4 - ❝ No means no, young lady. ❞

June 15th

June 15th

"DO YOU REMEMBER THE NEWS
ABOUT THE DEATH OF Wilson Smee, the former head of the Department of Health?" Jay asked, and he received nods from the agents and Hordon.

The original leading inspector handling the case was not Jay, but it was actually a man named Kit Ramirez who was a senior inspector. He was investigating and monitoring Smee because his assistant was the latest victim of the still-nameless killer at that time. So, it was natural for him to keep tabs on Smee and obtain information from him that will help determine the motive of the killer. And to hopefully figure out who the next victim will be.

"Senior Inspector Ramirez got a hunch that night of Smee's death. He felt like he had to go to Smee that night and so he left without notifying his assistant."

It was pretty late that night but their office was still open and there were still people who were working overtime. When Ramirez arrived, the workers were leaving the building. Apparently, there was a "fire" which is why the people had to evacuate the building. But he felt uneasiness creeping in his heart. Then the sight looked all so familiar to him. How the killer kills... was to make trouble. He did not hesitate to run towards the building. He even broke his way through the guards who were stopping him from entering.

"We didn't know exactly what he saw that night. If he saw the killer killing Smee in action. If he still saw Smee alive for a few moments. Or maybe he didn't see him. But this is a fact: he saw what she looked like."

Before his disappearance, Ramirez managed to dial his partner's number, Detective Von Martin. The only thing he said to him was:

"There was a young, gorgeous-looking woman. Our killer... Our troublemaker... She killed him. I'm certain. She killed Smee--"

The call ended there.

"When did this happen again?" Shanise asked.

"If I'm not mistaken, it happened just last year," Rein answered.

"So, let's get this straight," August sighed and sat straight up. "The investigation started in late 2017. And the only major lead was obtained in 2019. And it was only the gender of the killer?"

Jay nodded. "Yes, unfortunately. When Detective Martin arrived, it was too late. He disappeared with no clue where he went. His phone was found on the floor of the hallway near Smee's office. Two days after that incident, I think you all know this news too well."

All of them nodded. How could they not remember? January 3rd of 2019 was the day that the main office of the National Police Agency was set on fire. Particularly the part where Ramirez's office was located. Just like the previous kills, it was designed in such a manner that will cause trouble for the people around. The office received a letter that day. The address was unknown but the sender was Kit Ramirez. It just told them that there is a surprise waiting for them outside the office. Ironically, the surprise was the dead body of the sender. Because of that, the area near Ramirez's office was open which is why the killer easily set it on fire.