S1.EP8 - ❝ What's Wrong with Doctor Nova? ❞

July 1st

July 1st

AFTER HIS SHORT VISIT
AT THE BST BUILDING, Hordon returned straight to his condominium unit. He was originally going to work out but he no longer felt like it. Not after recalling his sad, dark, shitty past life which worsened his mood. Flexing and stretching his muscles while either trying to make yourself look presentable or avoiding paparazzi is the last thing he wants to do right now.

Right now, what he wants is alcohol. Something strong to make him forget those times again. He walked straight to the refrigerator after entering and leaving his shoes in the entrance. He grabbed a couple of beer cans when he noticed that the amount of food stock in his refrigerator increased. That's when he also noticed that there was some stuff that was moved around, not like how he left it this morning.

He went around the kitchen, then the living room, before heading to his bedroom, where he found his favorite person lying down on his bed. It seemed that she did not hear him come in and that's when he noticed the white thing in her ears. He took this chance to sneak up on her and take a peek at what she's doing. When he saw what she's doing, he smirked before planting soft kisses on her right cheek.

It clearly caught her off-guard, quickly putting her phone on the bed face down then removing her earphones. She turned her face towards him, a hint of embarrassment spread across her face when she realized she was caught.

"Do you miss me?" Hordon said with a soft smile on his face. All his urge to drink until he dropped dead flew out the window and all he wanted to do was hold her, kiss her, and make love.

"You wish, dumbass." Cheska did not miss this opportunity to make a sassy comment but then she noticed the two beer cans he was holding. Hordon noticed where she was looking and he immediately hid them behind him as if she already did not see them.

She slowly reaches her hand out, softly landing onto the side of his face which resulted in creating a trance. Both of them get sucked into a little world where it's only the two of them. Nothing mattered except for both of them together.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Cheska asked, finally breaking the ice but still in that trance. She badly wanted to ask what happened, what he's feeling if he's okay or not. But decided to not overwhelm him with a ton of questions.

Hordon looked at his best friend with love. Oh god, he loves her very much. She's that one person who understands him very well. It was already like this even before when they just met. That's why ever since he's already smitten by her. For years, he had professed his love for her repeatedly but because of personal reasons, Cheska couldn't be his and Hordon couldn't be hers, at least yet. But he respects that, he respects her.

"I," he trailed. "I want to but..."

"I know." Cheska smiled at him as if she already read him. Knows exactly what was up. And knows that he wants to and is trying to confide in and depend on her, but still has difficulty even when it has been years since it already happened. He felt guilty because of that but before he could even bring himself down, she gave him a kiss on his forehead before looking into his eyes.