Awkward Restaurant

KNOCK KNOCK

I stood and opened the door to see Dean and Sam. I smiled and let them in. Sam awkwardly sat on the couch and Dean sat next to him. I walked into my bedroom and took Grace out of her crib and into her carrier. I walked out into the Livingroom with her.

"Okay I'm ready." I said. They both awkwardly looked at me then to Grace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I parked in the parking lot of JD's Restaurant, my favorite place in this town. I jumped out of my car and saw Dean and Sam park a few spaces down from me. I sighed and opened the back door and unbuckled Grace.

"That's your dad I gotta go talk to. I really don't want to. I kind of just wanna forget about him you know?" I asked her. She just looked at me with her big green eyes. The eyes of a Winchester. I pulled her out her seat and sat her on my hip as I grabbed some food out of my diaper bag. She grabbed a piece of my hair to play with. It was kind of difficult trying to balance her and grab food.

"I can take her." Dean said. I grabbed some Cheerios and backed out of the car.

"No I got her." I said. He nodded and I closed the door.

Dean opened the door into the restaurant for me and I walked in and said hi to a few waiters and I grabbed a baby seat and pulled it over to a booth. I placed grace in it and poured a hand full of Cheerios for her to munch on. Dean and Sam sat on the other side of the booth.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked Dean.

"First of all, I want a relationship with Grace. And second of all, I want a relationship with you." He said. I shook my head.

"I can see something with Grace maybe. But not me. No."

"Why?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows.

"It's a maybe on Grace because you are not safe to be around. I had a normal life and as soon as I met you I got kidnapped by the king of hell." I said. Dean sighed.

"I understand. I just, my dad was never there for me and Sam and I don't want to be like that." He said.

"Grace doesn't know you. She'll be fine." I said a little more harsh then I meant for it to be. He looked hurt.

"You've been gone for what a year? That's twelve months minus nine for the pregnancy so that's three. She's only three months old I still have a chance to be a father." He said.

"So you want to put her in danger?" I asked. I looked over and grace was out of Cheerios. I turned around and grabbed the Cheerios and gave her more which resulted in gleeful coos.

"No of course I don't want her in danger I just want to be apart of her life." He said.

"Being apart of her life puts her in danger."

"She's right." Sam chimed in for the first time.

"I think it's time that we left." I said.

"Wait." Dean said as I was leaving the booth.

"What?" I asked as I picked up Grace who started to get agitated.

"Before you said you were okay with having a kid with me and now you want nothing to do with it. why?" He asked. I sighed.

"It's different when you actually have a kid." I said and walked away from the extremely awkward conversation.