Vermont Hunt

"Sam can I talk to you?" I said. Sam was sitting at a desk in what looked like the bunker library. He was on his computer typing away. Kevin was sitting across from him reading hamlet. Dean was still sleeping. Sam looked away from his computer up at me.

"Ya what's up?" He said. Kevin looked up from his book at me as well.

"It's about Dean" I walked over to Sam and pulled a chair up so I could sit next to him. "I'm worried about his mental state." Sam looked puzzled "Last night he was talking about how you told him that he should've brought me back home and the look in his eyes.. Was pure self hate." Sam look worried. Kevin looked confused.

"Uh he's had a problem with depression since he was a teenager. But he seemed to be fine with you around. I'll talk to him ok? He's a strong guy there's no need to worry" sam looked like he was more trying to convince himself that Dean was ok.

I smiled up at him.

"Ok." I said. I looked over at Kevin. Our eyes met for a moment but he quickly looked away. Sam began looking at his computer again. There was an awkward silence before I could hear Dean's foot steps down the hall. I looked over and he emerged from the mouth of the corridor. I smiled at him. He smiled back and rubbed his eyes and began walking towards me.

"How long have you been up?" He asked after he sat next to me and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Not long. I was just talking to Sam" I said and smiled.

"So get this, seven guys in their twenties just disappeared while hiking in the green mountains in Vermont. Sounds like our kind of thing" Sam said mostly directed towards Dean.

"Really? When do we leave" Dean replied.

"Anytime I guess" Sam said.

"Can I come?" I asked. Dean and Sam looked at me like I had three heads. I suddenly felt really self conscious. Kevin was still reading his book.

"Why do you want to come?" Dean asked.

"I don't know. I thought maybe it would be fun. I've never been to vermont" I said quietly. Every syllable seemingly getting quieter and quieter.

"No" Dean said.

"Why not?" I could feel a hint of anger rising in me.

"Are you kidding me? You could potentially be in a lot of danger and you want to go on a hunt?" Deans voice rising a bit.

"Yes I want to go on a hunt and I can go if I want to" my voice raising. You could almost call it a yell.

"The answer is no. Your staying here with Kevin." Deans voice could be called a yell. I furrowed my brow.

"You can't keep me here" I said in a bitchy sarcastic tone.

"I'm keeping you safe" he yelled. Sam had sat back down. I stood up.

"Who ever said it was your job to keep me safe?" I yelled. Dean looked at me with innocence in his eyes. I had gone too far. The anger filled his eyes again.

"Oh I'm sorry how about I just let you get caught by Crowley again and when you call for my help I just won't help because it's not my job" he had gotten in my face that time and yelled. I have to admit, it was a little scary. Tears welled in my eyes and I took a step back. Dean regained his sense of humanity and stepped towards me looking sorry. I put my hand out to tell him to stop. His mouth opened slightly like he wanted to say something but couldn't. I pushed in my chair and walked to the hallway and into mine and Dean's bedroom and slammed the door shut and locked it.