Get Grace

I unlocked the door to my apartment and stepped in. The day still new. But nothing to do. I put Grace in her little swing to watch the tv with me.

As the day came to a close I picked up Grace to put in her crib. She cried but I learned that she'll just cry herself to sleep. I sat on the couch and watched stupid tv and played on my phone. I looked at the clock and it read 7:34pm. What has my life become? I'm twenty six and have a boring job and a kid. I love grace but I never expected to have her at such a young age.

I sighed and laid on the couch and watched the TV and drifted off into a light sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12:37am Grace started crying. I laid on the couch for a few minutes just listening to her cry. I sighed and pulled myself off the couch. I stepped into the kitchen to grab some formula.

I grabbed a bottle and started mixing the formula and Grace's cry became louder and louder until it was screams. I finished the mixture and walked to her room half asleep. I opened the door and turned the light on. I sighed and opened my eyes wide. I tilted my head and saw a figure standing by her crib.

Reality hit me and I screamed and jumped towards the figure. This "thing" turned around and simple put one hand up. I was immediately slammed against the wall. This thing looked like a normal person except with yellow eyes. But I didn't care. I kept trying to move away from the wall to grab Grace but I couldn't. This man laughed and I moved up the wall. I screamed again and I could hear someone at my door yelling to open the door. Probably my neighbor wondering if I was okay.

"HELP!" I yelled. But it was no use. I slid up the wall with ease. My head hit the ceiling and I moved onto the ceiling completely facing the ground. The person at the door said that they're calling 911 but I could feel in my gut that it wasn't gonna help. Wait? That's not the feeling of hopelessness. That's the feeling of blood pouring out of my gut. I screamed again but it didn't help.

"Y/n!" I heard Dean yell. Dean? What the hell. I heard my apartment door get shot open and two people run to Grace's room. But it was too late. The feeling of my skin bubbling from the heat and flames filled all around me. I could feel my life slipping away from me.

My last words "get Grace."