Chapter Five

The halls Grian was walking through were dark, a long corridor opening up in front of him. His feet clipped on the ground with every step and his wings hung oddly behind him, as he hadn't quite gotten used to the additional limbs. The purple feathers were on the edges of his vision.

There was a person beside him. He was tall, perhaps 6'3, a very intimidating height compared to Grian's own. Not only that, but he seemed determined to act nice, despite the things and the pain (physical as well as mental) he had caused or doen to Grian.

"How's your training going?" He asked in a light voice to fill the silence. Grian thought about simply not answering, but it might make Dream annoyed, and that wasn't something he wanted to do. Dream was not someone you wanted as an enemy. Sadly Grian was failing at that as he hated him.

"Umm... normal," he replied in a guarded tone. His mind flashed to the sessions where he was gathered with only five other kids his age.

Despite everything, Grian had made a friend who was also 'training'. His name was Wilbur Soot. He seemed to be in the same predicament as Grian. No memory, weird new power, the same hate toward the Watchers.

"They've been telling me you're really good at controlling your magic," Dream said.

Grian shrugged. He was wearing his normal clothing, his normal red sweater and his grey pants. It was odd to be wearing such an adverage thing in such an odd world.

He looked different. His eyes were a new shade of purple, a difference from when Dream had forcefully performed Watcher magic on Grian to help him achieve his actual form. They used to be a simple bright blue. His hair was a bit longer, the dark golden curls hanging just above his eyes. He was skinnier. The main difference were the light purple wings, the feathers as soft as rabbit fur and the span of them twelve feet wide.

Dream looked toward him, the mask hiding his expression from Grian. It was scary. He was the only one with a different mask, except for Grian, who didn't even have one. It gave him a sense of power. What was very off-putting was the green hoodie wore. To be the leader of the Watchers, you expected somethin more sophisticated, right? Nope.

Dream had taken his memory. Grian remembered nothing from before now, only an eerie feeling of missing someone.

"We're almost there," Dream said. His voice was lower than before. Threatening.

Grian didn't reply because it wasn't a question. He didn't want to engage conversation if he didn't have to.

Dream approached a broad door. It was the only one in the tall hall they had been walking down placed right at the end. The hallway was dark, and the only reason Grian could see was because Watchers could see through any setting. Smoke, water, darkness, etc. There were more than one reason they were called 'Watchers'.

Dream's hand settled on the handle. He twisted it and it clicked on reply.

Grian woke up with a start, pushing himself up in the bed and looking around. His heart was beating quickly, faster than normal, and his eyes were wide.

Hermitcraft. He was back on Hermitcraft. Grians shoudlers tensed less but his brain still reviewed the dream, and he swallowed, now knowing why the word dream had unsettled him before.

Right, he was in bed. You may be screeching: Grian is a Mooner! Treachery, I tell you! He's lying to Mumbo! Why is he sleeping??

In simple terms Grian had given up on the sleeping thing. It wasn't doing anything. It only made him too tired to think. He had taken a nap, which was possible, to everyone who thought it may not be. He didn't know how long he had been asleep, but it had been dark when he had, and now sunlight was streaking through the Midnight Alley.

He was sleeping in the bed store in the Midnight Alley. Grian slid out of the sheets and on the ground, leaving the store briskly.

He would have felt relived from the well-needed sleep if he hadn't had the nightmare. The deja vu was worse than before. It felt as if he had just relived a memory.

Blocks were flying up into the air at a very quick rate. Grian watched as they soared upward before falling down. It looked like they were a few feet short of hitting the clouds before dropping. He could feel a difference in the air as well.

It was an odd thing to do with gravity. Grian felt as if he were moving slower, and as an experiment, he jumped up and flapped his wings.

He floated very slowly down again. It was definitely an anomuouas thing and it scared Grian almost as much as the dream.

He walked through the Alleyway in thought. Was he magic? The Watcher- Dream, but Grian didnt like thinking the name- had talked about training. And what had been at the end of the corridor? The Watcher had been about to open it.

Was Grian powerful? He didn't want to be powerful.

Unless this wasn't real and his mind was still playing tricks on him. But what if it was real?

Shivers ran down his spine.

If it was real then that was terrifying because all the things that were going on may be Grian's fault. What if the "outside forces" that Xisuma had mentioned were the Watchers? Had Grian done something to get them angry? When could he have done?

He needed to tell someone about this. Someone else needed to know.

His first thought was Xisuma, but to be honest, Grian didn't really want to tell the admin of the server it was possibly him who was making the world end. Then he thought about Mumbo.

Mumbo was his best friend. They had lived next to each other for three seasons straight and Grian trusted the spoon with his life. What better choice than the mustached potato?

__________

The story really is moving quick- heh-

Thanks for reading!

For anyone wondering each chapter is over 1000 words. And I mean barely over 1000 words. It's 1000 to 1020 I didn't do that on purpose-

I assume it will end around only 10 chapters. I seem unable to write anything longer than that besides one of my other stories (which u can read if u wanna it's pretty poggers).

:)